Forum creative space

I thought it might be nice to share our creativity.

Anything really, photography, art, writing etc etc.

Thanks to Steven for partly inspiring this thread.

Please include a visual description with any images to aid those of us with sight impairment.

Thank you.

I'll start:

Parents
  • I was inspired by Becca posting something that wasn't visual.

https://soundcloud.com/spikey-243124935/jennifer-sketch

I wrote this tune at some time between 1987 and 1989. The recording is from 1989.

I'm sad to say that I don't think that I ever wrote anything better in the 35 years since.

The tune is piano only. It is called 'Jennifer'. I didn't know a Jennifer at the time. It was just a name that I really liked. I did briefly go out with a Jennifer about 10 years later. It's not about her.

It's only a couple of minutes long.

I was never very good at playing the piano - my co-ordination and little fingers are a hurdle. So it is computer sequenced on a cheap app that could not control velocity (how hard you hit the keys). So all the notes have the same loudness. There are parts that should be quieter, and parts that should build. One day, I may re-record this. I've forgotten the notes, so would have to transcribe it.

No one has ever heard this before, apart from maybe my first girlfriend.

I was looking through my loft and found some old tapes. I bought a tape to MP3 convertor. I found lots of my old stuff, but this was my favorite.

• I was inspired by Becca posting something that wasn't visual.

https://soundcloud.com/spikey-243124935/jennifer-sketch

I wrote this tune at some time between 1987 and 1989. The recording is from 1989.

I'm sad to say that I don't think that I ever wrote anything better in the 35 years since.

The tune is piano only. It is called 'Jennifer'. I didn't know a Jennifer at the time. It was just a name that I really liked. I did briefly go out with a Jennifer about 10 years later. It's not about her.

It's only a couple of minutes long.

I was never very good at playing the piano - my co-ordination and little fingers are a hurdle. So it is computer sequenced on a cheap app that could not control velocity (how hard you hit the keys). So all the notes have the same loudness. There are parts that should be quieter, and parts that should build. One day, I may re-record this. I've forgotten the notes, so would have to transcribe it.

No one has ever heard this before, apart from maybe my first girlfriend.

I was looking through my loft and found some old tapes. I bought a tape to MP3 convertor. I found lots of my old stuff, but this was my favorite.

Children