What era would you like to live in and why?

This fits in with a couple of other threads.

There is 7+ decades of experience here on the forum so perhaps we can share some experiences.

I would like to live now in the digital age because it means I am connected to the world.

Also everyday living is vastly easier due to modern engineering and technology.

Actually there are many more reasons.

However, pace of life and overwhelming choice are 2 negatives of now for me.

If I had to live in another time though I would like to be wealthy and part of the Bloomsbury group in the early 20th century.

How about you?

Parents
  • I'm a history nerd, I've always been fascinated by history, I own a lot of history books loads of ww2 ones. I think disasters in history are my special interests. I would love to travel back in time to one disaster or another just to see what it was actually like.

Where to go though and what time? There's so many interestingly devastating days to choose from. Which is the worst? 

I could end up seriously hurt though Joy I'm sure it would be worth it anyway.

• I'm a history nerd, I've always been fascinated by history, I own a lot of history books loads of ww2 ones. I think disasters in history are my special interests. I would love to travel back in time to one disaster or another just to see what it was actually like.

Where to go though and what time? There's so many interestingly devastating days to choose from. Which is the worst? 

I could end up seriously hurt though Joy I'm sure it would be worth it anyway.

Children
  • The days during the World Wars have to be up there for worst ever

And for one of the worst days of history this has to be one of them

When I first heard of this at school I couldn't believe how much tragedy could happen in a single morning.

Tragic x