Apologising for behaviour?

Hi,

I’ve had a bad day and I’ve behaved appallingly today towards other people who were frustrating me to the point of meltdown. I’m in my 50’s and it’s embarrassing. 
A thought occurred to me, do we need to apologise for our behaviour? It’s kinda like apologising for having a disability, which seems wrong. 

Parents
  • You're not apologizing for who you are, you're apologizing for the impact you've had on the other person or people. ALWAYS APOLOGIZE. It's polite, kind, thoughtful, considerate of others and isn't focusing on you for once. It's taking responsibility for your actions and the fact that even though it's hard to control your actions they still cause huge trauma to those you are meant to care about. 

• It's a bit of a judgement call, about how innocent the bystanders really are sometimes, but I see my own conduct in the context of "service delivery".

If/when I fail to meet my own standards, it doesn't hurt to let people know that happened, and that I'm not very pleased about it.. 

• It's a bit of a judgement call, about how innocent the bystanders really are sometimes, but I see my own conduct in the context of "service delivery".

If/when I fail to meet my own standards, it doesn't hurt to let people know that happened, and that I'm not very pleased about it.. 

Children
  • I just replied to him about that. I see it this way, i always apologize for mine but the ones who caused it, they never apologized back. So i dont see the point in apologizing for those who cause a meltdown.. apologise to those who didn't cause it and saw the meltdown in my book. I used a personal experience of mine to state my reasoning as well.