Jealousy- does anyone else suffer from it?

I would say one of my biggest faults is jealousy.

I don't know why, but it is. I don't like it. But looking back over my life it has caused me most problems.

I don't know if jealousy is linked to autism or not.

Does any else find this a problem?

• Yes. I was told recently that the Me Me Me approach is popular because it's the only proven way to get ahead. So that's what people do.

• Yes. 'why can't we all just get along?'

I think there are more and more greedy, self centred and manipulative people these days. In the past, people HAD to work together or they died. They either starved or were attacked by invaders or killed by animals or met numerous other horrible fates. Without your tribe you had no hope of surviving.

In modern days, everyone can live their own little lives on their own track separate from everyone else quite happily, without ever needing anyone else. People can even have children without interacting with another person.

We have become too individual perhaps? We have no common goal to work towards, no one depends on anyone else so everyone is selfish.

• from the begining

like The Expanse main character James Holden's parents, 8 of them LOL

• with two there is always one prevailing

with three they have to reach consensus all agree

• They could but most people don’t want that. It’s hard enough reconciling the competing desires of 2 people, never mind 3. For example one person gets offered their dream job but it means moving the family. An awkward conversation with just two in the marriage. With 3 people you’re not only having to think about the limitations due to the needs of the person you love but also the 3rd party who you don’t love. It’s easy to see how that would be a breeding ground for conflict. Personally I think they only way a 3 person marriage could ever work in an equal and fair way is if every person is strongly attracted to every other in the marriage.

• next nevel

going subterranean

• Oh it won't be stopped now. It is up to the custodians of it to continually improve it.

• we passed the line where it was possible to stop it

now density of population is undermining any restraints based on sustainability

the only way is to escape ...from this planet

• I'm sure I've seen a persuasive backlash to social media because of the reasons you brought up. If I can find the information again I'll drop it in. So far I've been able to put it down to greed, selfishness, inconsideration. 8 billion yes, I thought Covid would be the chaos answer to the exponential growth of our population, it started out that way but we have evolved and protected ourselves. To our detriment or not who knows.

Our ancestors had to be successful for our own existence. Simpler times still provide lessons for us today in how to live better, if one chooses to do.

• I don't believe it is easy for NTs to tell either. 1 of many reasons I keep to myself and be as self reliant as possible as i'm in the fortunate position to be able to do that.

• because there is always few that will see it as an opportunity to get rich at the expense of other

after all saying that there are people willing to sell their mothers if they can profit on it did not come from nowhere

and everyone else is affraid of them

I cannot tell one type from the other, and I keep forgeting about the former's existense falling prey to them over and over again

• I agree and i realise it sounds a bit naive but why can't people just be nice to each other?

• I used to have groups of friends when I was young, til I was in my mid twenties. Then they all faded away. Most people I know online are lonely and isolated in real life. The human race is becoming a bunch of individual people with no connections to each other.

I agree about losing confidence in our species. They are particularly horrible at the moment- obsessed with money, fame, offended by everything, intent on hurting each other. Have they always been like this? How have we survived for so long if so? I think it's because the Earth is overcrowded. The population has doubled in the last 50 years, from 4 billion to 8 billion.

I watched a documentary about some period in history, I think it was Neolithic. They reckon that humans were very happy then. Their skeletons showed no signs of attack, malnutrition or any other defect, therefore the people didn't have major wars, they ate well and probably lived simple, happy lives. That's what can be deduced anyway. Since then, humans have just got more violent and had more problems.

• I guess that would be my completely blanked out glasses haha. I forget there are more grey areas than extremes as I've lost all confidence in our species.

• of which we see parents just letting their kids roam free, without worry that a pedo may pick them up or that they will get into trouble, or be the trouble... they dont raise their kids, they dont teach them anything.. they are lazy parents, who are probably even too thick to know how to raise a kid so let them be free range barbaric kids, of which causes the chav troubles we have and which causes all areas to degrade and crime and antisocial behaviour to increase and peoples lives to get worse and the nation to become like a third world country.

• alot in my area are lol ... i wouldnt say intentional... i think they are not aware of their unhygenic actions and lack of manners. they just havent been brought up right and that is the result. they are ignorant of it.

• I think you're generalising. Not every single person you see is an intentional corona super spreader.

• sure, they are rich in germs that they spread around as this corona crisis has highlighted.
    they are all unhygienic and disgusting. they cough and spit in your face as they walk past and that is normal to them, where as i was always taught to put hand over mouth when coughing and certainly that its rude to sneeze or cough openly especially directly into peoples faces, if i so much as didnt cover my cough id get smacked and shouted at until i learned my damn lesson. these people are pure trash and that is the norm these days. i guess they lack upbringing and manners, and that makes them no less than cockroaches and they are the entire reason why corona spread and caused so much damage.