Pet Peeve with Autistic Women

Why do they ALWAYS insist on dying their hair purple, pink, blue or -  worse still the partly-green Billie Eilish look?

Do they want to grow up, or what?

• funny i was looking for a replacement after Amys death  and thats when I first came across her.   

Just read a book written by Tyler James who was Amys life long friend ------ it was a very sad book especially at the end ---- he saved her life once (restarted her breathing).

• Finneas Baird O'Connell

• I'm only mid thirties but I haven't a clue about all the young dudes and dont really care! I tuned out somewhere between amy winehouse and ed sheeran.  Who's her brother?

• aye its never within reason though, have you seen how much womens make up cost? if i was a woman i wouldnt be spending all that on makeup, aint worth wasting all money away for vanity when most look better without makeup on anyway. and the amount of time it takes too lol time and money down the drain in large amounts, oof!

• Yes,,, she is creating fashion  i think she is absolutely brilliant ( and  her talented brother ). She is worth a fortune now Slight smile

• And why should any woman, autistic or otherwise, care about your opinion, exactly?

• Is that Billie eyelash? What a lovely shade of chartreuse! 

• awh go on, go on, go on ( in irish accent )   ----- green roots  with yellow tips ---- below hair is just beautiful 

• Hahahaha! When I got my diagnosis I joked "now I'm gonna dye my hair purple and set up a youtube channel". There seem to be a few on youtube...Is it not just people who are more in the public eye? I have never dyed my hair apart from once at high school. I prefer au naturel as I can't be doing with faff.

• My experience is that Women are more vocal Conservatives. The Karens are actually a minority.

• My point is that our Society is conditioned to believe that Growing up is a Prison Sentence.

• It was my observation from The Autistic Gardener on Channel 4 - whenever it was on. Also that girl from Wakefield; who did a Ted Talk in Washington DC whenever she was Sixteen.

• I'm Capitalist, but want NOTHING to do with that Celebrity nonsense. :)

There's nothing wrong with Fashion, or make up, but within reason; please!

• I haven't dyed my hair. Can't be bothered. But even if I decided to, it's not being childish, just self expression. women have dyed their hair at least since the 19th Century, it's just that those colours were, for the most part, more natural shades. It was only a matter of time before more vibrant colours began to filter into the salons.

In fact, I've just looked it up and the first synthetic colour to be created was called Mauveine in 1856. A purple colour.

• I've found the opposite - all the aspie women I know are natural-ish hair colour.      Is this a regional thing?

• People do stupid things.  Usually (but not exclusively) the younger they are, the more dramatic a statement they're trying to make.

In my case that'd be my tattoos.  Thought I was the *** when I first got inked, a little bit more grown up now.  Now they serve as a permanent reminder of better days, but days I wish I'd spent more wisely too.

At least hair dye isn't permanent.

• because they think its edgy and unique i guess..... but then it causes so much damage and thinning of the hair, my sister dyed her hair for long time, its not gone very well for her, its a aweful mess of a look now with the amount of colours she had in i guess they all mix to be like a messy paint pot with too many colours in, just comes out as some dark mix that you cant tell what it is but only know it as a mess..... and her hair has thinned as much as a mans hair does now... probably more so.. if she kept it natural her hair would have been a nice brown and would be thick and full and clean looking....

but yeah women always go for fake stuff, even their makeup can be too much at times...  girl in chippy looks like a full on clown with all makeup on her face and looks like she exploded her lips surgically too, its not a pretty look.... shed have been very good looking though without all that crap on. its a shame they are led by celebrities and capitalist companies that tell them all this stuff looks good and convince them they need it all when infact it doesnt look good and all it does is give their money to these lying companies that tricked them lol

• I don't. I've never dyed my hair in my life, and I'm a boring old brunette.

• This isn't your 'cup of tea' methinks. LOL 

Does it matter? 

Why create a painting? Why write songs? Why bother with fashion? Why asethetics AT all??

Expression is a fantastic form all animals engage with. Birdsong to Hair dye.