If you are working, what careers are you in?

I'd like to find a job that doesn't make me constantly overstimulated, overwhelmed and fatigued, but is also intellectually challenging. I absolutely love learning. Has anyone found a role that works for them?

Parents
  • Your question is very open ended - are you arty or maths & science loving or a loner or need people around you?   Also, what qualifications have you collected or what are you aiming for?

Here is a linkthat might interest you by Temple Grandin titled "Choosing the Right Job for People with ASD":

https://www.aspergers101.com/choosing-right-job-people-autism-aspergers-syndrome/

The Temple Grandin article is absolutely correct - but it takes a very honest person to do some deep self-analysis to be honest with your strengths and weaknesses - many people delude themselves with 'dream' careers.

BTW - I'm a rocket-scientist and nuclear physicist / CEng.    Think Mr Data with a pulse.  Smiley

• Your question is very open ended - are you arty or maths & science loving or a loner or need people around you?   Also, what qualifications have you collected or what are you aiming for?

Here is a linkthat might interest you by Temple Grandin titled "Choosing the Right Job for People with ASD":

https://www.aspergers101.com/choosing-right-job-people-autism-aspergers-syndrome/

The Temple Grandin article is absolutely correct - but it takes a very honest person to do some deep self-analysis to be honest with your strengths and weaknesses - many people delude themselves with 'dream' careers.

BTW - I'm a rocket-scientist and nuclear physicist / CEng.    Think Mr Data with a pulse.  Smiley

Children
  • but it takes a very honest person to do some deep self-analysis to be honest with your strengths and weaknesses - many people delude themselves with 'dream' careers.

True.  Apart from a run of the mill careers adviser found in schools etc who maybe don't have the time to carry out the in depth analysis, aptitude tests etc to stop someone becoming a "square peg in a round hole" in their choice of career, are you aware where people on the autistic spectrum can get such a tailered advice?  If there was such a service it would be a boon for job seekers on the spectrum, enabling them to get jobs in which they thrive.

• Plastic, I had a feeling you did something like that, having read your previous posts.  Awesome. Blush

Elizabeth