ASD and metaphor/sarcasm?

I think I am on the autism spectrum but I keep hearing/reading that people with autism struggle with understanding nuances in meaning of words or don't understand sarcasm.

As far as I can remember I didn't feel confused with sarcasm and I've learnt the art pretty well that I am known for my caustic humour. I also love poetry and verbal imagery having been an avid reader when I had more time, as a child relied on a very active imagined alternative reality to get through some school situations.

Does that exclude me from being autistic? I'm afraid of going any further if it's all just in my mind.

Parents
  • There are several different ways of “playing” with language. I worked out formulas but I also had theatre training so that helped. 
    Sarcasm is essentially a lesser intelligent formula for humour. It incorporates complaining about a thing. 
    Now IRONY is a more intelligent formula for humour and really funny. The problem is many times this actually goes over a majority of NT heads. It involves making deeper connexions to systems and explaining their absurdity or how contradictory they are. Micheal McIntyre is quite good with Irony as is John Cleese. It’s more rare. John Cleese manages to use a wide range of humour-formulas. 
    Scant and Metaphor are good for children and also useful to explain something difficult. In fact, electricity is often described metaphorically to the flow Water. Water is easy to visualise. Electrical currents are not. 
    Poetic verse is another lovely use for metaphor. In fact there are many systems of exchange between humans which are metaphysical and difficult to explain without the use of metaphor. The way humans grow to become better is akin to a plant in a nursery shielded from the natural elements of wind and an imbalance of water. These external forces being similar to life’s overwhelming expectations or human greed, anger, competition. 
    A classical education of the Trivium would have spelled these “formulas” of linguistics out. 

• There are several different ways of “playing” with language. I worked out formulas but I also had theatre training so that helped. 
    Sarcasm is essentially a lesser intelligent formula for humour. It incorporates complaining about a thing. 
    Now IRONY is a more intelligent formula for humour and really funny. The problem is many times this actually goes over a majority of NT heads. It involves making deeper connexions to systems and explaining their absurdity or how contradictory they are. Micheal McIntyre is quite good with Irony as is John Cleese. It’s more rare. John Cleese manages to use a wide range of humour-formulas. 
    Scant and Metaphor are good for children and also useful to explain something difficult. In fact, electricity is often described metaphorically to the flow Water. Water is easy to visualise. Electrical currents are not. 
    Poetic verse is another lovely use for metaphor. In fact there are many systems of exchange between humans which are metaphysical and difficult to explain without the use of metaphor. The way humans grow to become better is akin to a plant in a nursery shielded from the natural elements of wind and an imbalance of water. These external forces being similar to life’s overwhelming expectations or human greed, anger, competition. 
    A classical education of the Trivium would have spelled these “formulas” of linguistics out. 

Children
No Data