Working for a call centre!

I have recently been working for a call center, due to covid it was a viable option as it was homebased. 

The first week was rough the predicted crash course with fries like any other major corporation. 

I felt stress as I was not trained properly for the job but as the weeks progressed I adapted and learnt on the job, I suppose like everyother person. 

I started to feel really burnt-out at the end of the day and this week past I've been completely exhausted yesterday I had such chest pains that I threw up, my head was sweating and I was dizzy.

Has anyone ever felt like this in a similar role. 

I feel bad, what ever job I do the stress of it alway makes me ill mentally I just push myself through but yesterday I really felt I was going to die, I know that's melodramatic but that how I experienced my situation, plus it being cover incarceration year where I live the doctors surgery isn't even answering the phone not that they did before I suppose. 

Parents
  • yes my first week in telesales was exhausting and stressful. I had a family to support so I had no choice but to keep going while I looked for other jobs. They never really train you well in such jobs ------ u do know the "Smile Rule" right if no say so and I explain it.

having said all that,,, I was in a room and could listen/copy those nearby so u are very isolated --- have u any contact with any other home-based users of your system because thats where u cam pick up tips really quickly ?

stick at you will pick up new skills like talking to people, imagining their lives what they look like etc  u get to see/hear the variety of humanity for better or worse Slight smile

• yes my first week in telesales was exhausting and stressful. I had a family to support so I had no choice but to keep going while I looked for other jobs. They never really train you well in such jobs ------ u do know the "Smile Rule" right if no say so and I explain it.

having said all that,,, I was in a room and could listen/copy those nearby so u are very isolated --- have u any contact with any other home-based users of your system because thats where u cam pick up tips really quickly ?

stick at you will pick up new skills like talking to people, imagining their lives what they look like etc  u get to see/hear the variety of humanity for better or worse Slight smile

Children
  • I have not heard of the smile rules, I feel compelled to aquate the smile rule to information I have retained, I.e when talking smile as it give positive voice tone to the listener and also releases endorphins when you smile, but I have learnt that my assumptions are almost alway wrong.