How do people with ASD view God ?

How do people with ASD view God and their connection to god if any.

• Im a nurse. I usually say that miracles are performed inside operating rooms. For the exact same reason. I started saying that after my intership on the OR. 

LOL Your mom, dear Sir, is correct. 

• it is unjust to allow religious influences to mingle with society, promotes agency and that religion should not interfere with the ways of society

me too, to the core, it should remain personal

about that writing the book, that's not the only time something like it happened in human history

we have plenty madman hearing voices claiming to be god's voice becoming prophets 

i am not saying each of them was actually madman or that Joseph Smith was one, only that that;s usual style how they are being depicted in history,

myself I would like to meet each of them, could be interested conversation

they rarely tough transfer it into written form

I wrote an essay once about it, for which I would end up burnesd like they used burn witches if the church sniffed it out

there is a beautiful opera about that phenomena called silent night or something like it in german

https://open.spotify.com/track/1k82bzEjGy47GX0EbVPseH?si=ec886621294145dc&nd=1

I melt into oblivion every time I listen to it Smiley

• I see all the suffering in the world and find it hard to believe and accept that God exists and just let's it happen.

• I’ll share with you an unsolved mystery, there’s no scientific explanation of how Joseph Smith produced The Book of Mormon.

Joseph Smith had less than three years education, had no internet, worked on a farm most of his life, couldn’t understand a coherent letter.

Everyone in Joseph Smith’s time knew Joseph couldn’t of produced the book himself so they began searching for an origin he may of gotten the ideas from with a few theories being “The Late War,” “The Napoleon!” and “View of the Hebrews”. How could a young man with so little education produce a 588 page book in less than 75 working days, no plans, one draft, complexity, all aligned just as any other story book?

There’s witnesses to it all. Why would an entire society persecute a 14 year old boy just for saying “I had a vision,” why would they even take him seriously when we expect teenagers to be at mischief at that stage in life?  

The time Joseph founded The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1830, if he tried anytime before or after the church wouldn’t of survived, like so many others who founded churches it would of shut down, in 1830 they were as little as 6 members Joseph himself included.

Anyway, I confess there is no evidence of God’s existence for if there was, religious people would not require faith. One of my favourite things about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is it believes it is unjust to allow religious influences to mingle with society, promotes agency and that religion should not interfere with the ways of society. Even though Christianity opposes gay marriage, in 2014 members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints supported gay people and voted the government should allow gay people the civil rights to marriage as they did not allow Christianity to mingle with society and promoted agency.

• but why thinking that someone/something organising it that way is sentient?

it is what it is

it serves it's purpose well

let it continue to do so

even if you claim to be allknowing and allmighty, there was a loooong line of those in human history

you won't become like that

so you won't be aware of all connections,

and you might break it by just attempting to fiddle with it

just like our build in inhibitions, don't fiddle with those

• I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I believe in God the Father, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Ghost spoken of in the Bible and The Book of Mormon.

I don’t believe the universe came to be what it is by accident, everything seen in the universe seems to have some organisation to it, just like our solar system is organised and in order. I believe all organised things have something or someone that organised it, it didn’t organise itself.

As I keep the promises I made when baptised more blessings I receive.

• Same here, I lost my mother when i was 15 so decided there is no god if he can take someone i needed so much

• Agnostic. Catholic extended family. My parents are agnostic as well. (If that interests you.) My mother is also on the spectrum. 

• btw, my last post here in response to robert was a joke

I am adding the hint, like :p at the end often

• Well my sister died when she was 14 and since then I haven't really believed in God.

• oh you are such a beautiful flower

what was it's name? please help me ::P

• View god?   I just look in the mirror.

• once my mom found me in a pool of blood, I was 5

nobody in my family knows about second time, when I was 10, happened winter time on a busy street straight outsideof church, after Sunday mass, all good christian samaritans walked past me, nobody stopped, a real eye opener.

I tried it too myself, did not get even remotely as close as that, chose wrong method, at 14 I did not know yet that highlanders poses extreme cold resistance, so I did not freeeze over night in a winter at -40Celsius, i tried for 2 days, lost the battle to hunger, make up a funny story now, stupid and strong willed I was, it hasn't change much Stuck out tongue

• I just hope we don't get reincarnated I don't want to have to go through life all over again Stuck out tongue Once is enough for me.

Two near deaths?? When I was a kid the worst that happened to me was getting hit by my sisters car.. long story lmao

• I believe it too

it;s either that - an afterlife with no return here in some another fictitious dimension or reincarnation

every else makes no sense

though i would rather not choose between existing choices

I had 2 near deaths as a kid that pushed me further away from religion

• I came close to death this year and found myself thinking about God and the after life. I've not really given it much thought before I don't know if I believe or not. I hope there's some sort of after life but it seems unlikely to me.

• like a way to sneakily control groups of people

that is why it was created kidnapping regular guy's beliefs in a process, twisting them beyond recognition

I say, that there is nothing wrong or inproprer or otherwise in praying to your god, whatever his form, be that invisible wind, or a wooden figure, a golden daemon, or whetever. SOLO

it's when group of people starts praying to the same god that's when the window for exploitation opens and the wrongness begins.

in this matter I'm guilty of being biased, I grew up in a religious country

• Well I'm athiest. The idea of religion to me just seems like a way to sneakily control groups of people. "You can't do this or that because then you'll go to hell!" I like the idea of it being a connection between people and making someone feel loved or connected with something bigger than themselves, but unfortunately it can be used to hurt other people too. Of course I'll respect your faith, but no I don't personally believe in God.

• I'm open to the idea of God

but

skip church of any form for your own good

and I am not sure about any of their heavens either

surely I do not wish to find myself there

please god let there be something else, not what those blasted priests planned for us