How do people with ASD view God ?

How do people with ASD view God and their connection to god if any.

Parents
  • I've been trying to organise a viewing for my entire life. but it hasn't materialised yet. There have been a few imposters however, Just yesterday, .....

• That comment wasn't really intended to be much more than a humorous dig at my somewhat nebulous self.

I suppose i was none too impressed by certain folks taking selfies of themselves. Worse still, they could apparently be easily switched on or off by some nerk sending them twitters. 

I suppose I do have some vague concept of god, but it seems to be more about inexplicable physical 'forces' than imposters who are every bit as bungled and botched as myself. Compared to those infinitesimal forces, why would one bother viewing god as something akin to a mere human? That really would be like buying snake oil off a fairground huckster.

But I still think we should usually be fairly tolerant and respectful of different concepts of god. It seems most of us feel the need to follow something; but I still wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life following something just for the sake of having something to follow. I could also be a follower of Crewe Alexandria FC, and it would still be far more personally constructive than following some self-appointed advocate of projected greatness.

• That comment wasn't really intended to be much more than a humorous dig at my somewhat nebulous self.

I suppose i was none too impressed by certain folks taking selfies of themselves. Worse still, they could apparently be easily switched on or off by some nerk sending them twitters. 

I suppose I do have some vague concept of god, but it seems to be more about inexplicable physical 'forces' than imposters who are every bit as bungled and botched as myself. Compared to those infinitesimal forces, why would one bother viewing god as something akin to a mere human? That really would be like buying snake oil off a fairground huckster.

But I still think we should usually be fairly tolerant and respectful of different concepts of god. It seems most of us feel the need to follow something; but I still wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life following something just for the sake of having something to follow. I could also be a follower of Crewe Alexandria FC, and it would still be far more personally constructive than following some self-appointed advocate of projected greatness.

Children