I've become addicted to Tiktok!

Since March I've mostly been self-isolating & shielding, I thought the lockdown would be difficult for me as I live on my own and apart from a TV didn't have much else to do. However, I discovered TikTok and it's really been a life saver for me. It's a great App (developed by the Chinese company Dance Bytes) where you can literally spend hours scrolling random 15 second or 60 second videos, the app very quickly knows the kind of content that you will like, everyone has a FYP (For You Page) so if you watch a video and follow the creator and click on Like then the algorithm will find similar content to send your way. Originally, most of the videos were of young people dancing and lip syncing to music! There's a search / discovery option so you can save all the things you're into for example Dr Who, Scifi, Cosplay, Supercars, Autism, Mental Health, BLM, news, pranks, exercise, fitness the list goes on and on...  they have over 800 million users around the world including about 20 million in America although Trump has signed an executive order to have it banned unless it can be sold to an American company by 15th September. It's interesting to watch videos that people all around the world have made, you get to find out a lot about how people live and the problems they encounter, it make the world a smaller place. As an autistic adult watching Tiktok videos is now a big part of my daily routine, I suffer a lot from stress and anxiety and it helps me relax, but be warmed it can be addictive! I haven't said anything about actually creating your own videos because I haven't done that yet, maybe a creator on this forum would like to comment. One great creator to connect with is Dan Morgan Jones of The Aspie World @theaspieworld his content is always inspirational but usually leaves me exhausted after watching his videos on Youtube! 

Parents
  • I totally relate to your love for TikTok! I've become pretty addicted to it myself since discovering it, and I completely understand how it can be such a great source of entertainment and connection.One thing I will say is that TikTok can definitely be addictive. [link removed by moderator] Have you tried it out or have any thoughts on whether it's worth it? I'm a bit hesitant to try it, but I'm also curious to see if it could help boost my presence on the platform.

• I totally relate to your love for TikTok! I've become pretty addicted to it myself since discovering it, and I completely understand how it can be such a great source of entertainment and connection.One thing I will say is that TikTok can definitely be addictive. [link removed by moderator] Have you tried it out or have any thoughts on whether it's worth it? I'm a bit hesitant to try it, but I'm also curious to see if it could help boost my presence on the platform.

Children
No Data