I've become addicted to Tiktok!

Since March I've mostly been self-isolating & shielding, I thought the lockdown would be difficult for me as I live on my own and apart from a TV didn't have much else to do. However, I discovered TikTok and it's really been a life saver for me. It's a great App (developed by the Chinese company Dance Bytes) where you can literally spend hours scrolling random 15 second or 60 second videos, the app very quickly knows the kind of content that you will like, everyone has a FYP (For You Page) so if you watch a video and follow the creator and click on Like then the algorithm will find similar content to send your way. Originally, most of the videos were of young people dancing and lip syncing to music! There's a search / discovery option so you can save all the things you're into for example Dr Who, Scifi, Cosplay, Supercars, Autism, Mental Health, BLM, news, pranks, exercise, fitness the list goes on and on...  they have over 800 million users around the world including about 20 million in America although Trump has signed an executive order to have it banned unless it can be sold to an American company by 15th September. It's interesting to watch videos that people all around the world have made, you get to find out a lot about how people live and the problems they encounter, it make the world a smaller place. As an autistic adult watching Tiktok videos is now a big part of my daily routine, I suffer a lot from stress and anxiety and it helps me relax, but be warmed it can be addictive! I haven't said anything about actually creating your own videos because I haven't done that yet, maybe a creator on this forum would like to comment. One great creator to connect with is Dan Morgan Jones of The Aspie World @theaspieworld his content is always inspirational but usually leaves me exhausted after watching his videos on Youtube! 

• It's truly a platform that brings people together and makes the world feel smaller in a positive way.

As for creating your own videos, I think it's a fantastic way to express yourself and connect with others. It might be worth giving it a shot sometime. And thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check out Dan Morgan Jones from The Aspie World on YouTube. It's great to find creators who inspire us, even if they leave us a bit exhausted sometimes!

BTW, if you're interested in TikTok marketing, you might want to explore the services of a tiktok marketing agency. They can help you leverage the platform's potential and reach your target audience effectively. It's an exciting avenue to explore if you have any aspirations in that direction.

• I totally relate to your love for TikTok! I've become pretty addicted to it myself since discovering it, and I completely understand how it can be such a great source of entertainment and connection.One thing I will say is that TikTok can definitely be addictive. [link removed by moderator] Have you tried it out or have any thoughts on whether it's worth it? I'm a bit hesitant to try it, but I'm also curious to see if it could help boost my presence on the platform.

• Actually, I’m not against SM. It’s a common thing nowadays. In short, SMs are hunting our attention, which is a sort of currency for them cause they literally sell our attention to advertisers. I use it for promoting business too. When we just signed up, we bought some comments on [link removed by Mod] to make the account more popular. Eventually, we reached 500k followers, which is enough for my business niche (I have a restaurant). So, you choose what you pay attention to.

• Tbh, I try not to spend too much time browsing tiktok. I mostly use it to promote my offline business, but I still can’t reach enough followers and likes.

• I love TikTok too but I love to make videos on it for fun .

• That sounds amazing, I like that sort of thing, and I love watching people have their Are you aorta replaced it is fascinating, I really enjoyed watching operations on television I watch them every time I can. I enjoyed watching them sod up vain’s   because it’s intricate and so amazing to watch. 

• I am very anti social media....but unfortunately I too am addicted to tiktok.

Its the not knowing whats going to scroll up next that keeps me hooked. For people with ADHD/Autism it gives them that hit of dopermine the brain craves so badly.

I have now put a time limit on tik tok as with ADHD comes time blindness, so what feels like 20 minutes is actually over 2 hours! 

I wont upload videos, I have no profile, I just endlessly scroll for no reason at all:)

• I can understand that tbf I hate tikitok myself and don't see it as a productive use time. It's very fake and poserish. Every NT out for there 5 mins of fame so to speak

• Tik Tok is too addictive, my boyfriend just can't stop watching various videos from popular people. Do you think it's possible to cure my boyfriend? After all, it's wrong to sit all day in this stupid application.

• A lot of people discovered TikTok during the lockdown. I actually have found several websites where you can virtually walk around the ancient pyramids of Egypt. I also found a few decent radio stations, which were great companions in my life during the pandemic. But most of all I worked on developing my sister's sm account. Yes, on TikTok. I got to learn a lot about working at [link deleted by mod] and now I know exactly how it works. Guys, if you really want to get famous on this social media platform, stop doing nonsense. You'll only have it when you start investing in your development.

• I like Paul from 'Asperger's from the Inside' (on youtube). I guess that's partly because he's quite analytical and focused on the 'emotional intelligence' side of things.

I've kept to youtube for videos. TikTok is uncharted territory for me. I'm pleased it's been fun and good to learn from.