Does anyone else struggle with simple things like smiling?

I’d say one of the most damaging things my ASD does to my life is my struggle to smile at/with people.

ive heard that when some people with ASD experience eye contact the flight or fight response centre in our brains is overly active compared with a neuro-typical person... making things like eye contact, smiling, listening, anxiety very difficult.

any one else?

Parents
  • I get what your saying. I can’t stand eye contact. In normal situations it makes me feel uncomfortable but in an argument I just want to laugh at the other person. I generally don’t smile much. Sometimes I think I am, but I’m not and other times I do and think I shouldn’t because of the response it gets. Anxiety is a daily issue.

• I get what your saying. I can’t stand eye contact. In normal situations it makes me feel uncomfortable but in an argument I just want to laugh at the other person. I generally don’t smile much. Sometimes I think I am, but I’m not and other times I do and think I shouldn’t because of the response it gets. Anxiety is a daily issue.

Children
No Data