Please reply if I resonate with you- 24 year old, newly diagnosed

Hey there.

I'm trying this out because I want to connect with like individuals, and I am lacking this kind of contact in my real life.

I'm 24, male, in UK. I was diagnosed age 24 via my employer. I work in the healthcare industry as a trainee. 

I'm not good at introducing myself but if my demographic information, or age of diagnosis, or anything else resonates with you, please reply asking for more details and I shall reciprocate!

hdrevolution

• Hi :) Welcome to the forum. I'm 25 and currently awaiting diagnosis. I've been on the waiting list for over a year now and it doesn't sound like I'll be seen any time soon, so I'm finding that a bit tough, but this forum's been helpful. I've also watched a lot of Purple Ella's YouTube videos, which have helped me to understand myself a bit better and develop some coping strategies.

• Don`t come here for help, or much else really. I have lived with ASD longer than most here, possibly everyone here. I can not tell you about the reality of this, because when I talk about how it is for me it will get deleted. Think about that!

V

ƧϮephӭӢ

• Hello, I just wanted to reply with something to make you feel welcome.  I am also socially awkard and tend to waffle about myself - there I'm doing it again! .    There are some chat threads going on about books, cars and whatever and I am amazed how many interesting people there are.  So take courage and see what happens.

Do you have a particular hobby?  Well done for having a job, that can take up some time. Do you have a hobby you would like to do more if you had time?

I like comedy, reading and biology similar to on your profile, which i clicked on just now

• Thanks good to note about my expectations.

• Hello and welcome to the forum. Just take this forum lightly as we've had a few trolls and people pretending to be what their not. Much like in life really! I tend to ignore the majority of them once I've noticed who they are. So I guess what I'm saying is dont pin Hope's on making connections here but use it as a tool to help you with any questions you may have or even light hearted chats. (Just be aware at all times)

Do you have any hobbies and interests? Are there any groups local to you that may help you meet new people whilst doing something you enjoy?

For example our local art group has around 6 to 10 people attend, the book club is the same. It's nice sized groups with like minded people. It helps a little

Anyway have a good day today

• Am I assuming correctly your message stems from lessons learnt from when you were 24 onwards? Also your name is Stephen?

• HI.

Use your abilities to the absolute best you can, nobody else really cares!  Talk is cheap. Sorry, but I was once your age and that`s just the way it is. You`ll be OK, you`ll see.

V

ƧϮephӭӢ