Relationship Problems

Good Afternoon,

Me and my partner of 5 years are having some problems reconnecting emotionally (more my side) he tends to be over emotional and that's where we are different. He had a meltdown the other day and now I feel like I can no longer cope in this relationship. He's had a few moments but not as bad as that in a while. We live in rented accommodation and well it technically is like property damage. I am worried about our future and whether he could cope with increasing adult responsibilities. He wants to work together and seek help for his mental health and understand his condition more but I am not sure whether I want to. I was all excited and happy about being able to have some time together as we booked the holiday on the same day as he had a meltdown and my mind has done a 360. I have to do everything for him which is starting to get on my nerves. He needs some self sufficiency.  He doesn't know any coping strategies other than ignoring it, distracting his mind with his interest or self harming. 

Please help. 

Parents
  • Hi, 

Reading your post has woken me up to me not being on my own :( my god life is soooo hard living with a man on the spectrum. 

We have been battling  12years of hell at times in which I'm the only one effected due to him not having emotions and understanding emotions. We can achieve 5 steps forward and 10 back. 

Were a family of 2 girls 11 and 8 and 2 boys 6 and 19months so as you can imagine our lives are hectic :( I've finally found him a job he has lasted more then 2 years so I'm happy with that. I just really worry the children have feelings and emotions and they feel there dad doesnt love them. I have organise everything in our house from Bill's shopping child care cleaning his personal needs, plus work 4 days a week due to him not able to work full time. Our 8 year old is also on the spectrum and adhd also so i have that whirlwind to deal with 2. I am only human so 80% of the time I love being this person that they all look up to that I have to care for them 100% but that 20% when I'm drained tired becomes a extreme battle. I also suffer with anger which I've tried very hard to control but I always end up lashing out when I get this point in life. No matter what he does cheat , disrespect me and my children, steal, lie I continue to love him. I feel like I cant give up with this life as i married him knowing he has these problems , we have seeked many therapys but everything always goes back to square one . I'm sorry for ranting about my life, I really hope u can find some answer. We have found a diary works wonders so while i work i can write his jobs down and he follows a list greatly so that may be one to help so ur not nagging it's in his book . Take care xxx

• Hi, 

Reading your post has woken me up to me not being on my own :( my god life is soooo hard living with a man on the spectrum. 

We have been battling  12years of hell at times in which I'm the only one effected due to him not having emotions and understanding emotions. We can achieve 5 steps forward and 10 back. 

Were a family of 2 girls 11 and 8 and 2 boys 6 and 19months so as you can imagine our lives are hectic :( I've finally found him a job he has lasted more then 2 years so I'm happy with that. I just really worry the children have feelings and emotions and they feel there dad doesnt love them. I have organise everything in our house from Bill's shopping child care cleaning his personal needs, plus work 4 days a week due to him not able to work full time. Our 8 year old is also on the spectrum and adhd also so i have that whirlwind to deal with 2. I am only human so 80% of the time I love being this person that they all look up to that I have to care for them 100% but that 20% when I'm drained tired becomes a extreme battle. I also suffer with anger which I've tried very hard to control but I always end up lashing out when I get this point in life. No matter what he does cheat , disrespect me and my children, steal, lie I continue to love him. I feel like I cant give up with this life as i married him knowing he has these problems , we have seeked many therapys but everything always goes back to square one . I'm sorry for ranting about my life, I really hope u can find some answer. We have found a diary works wonders so while i work i can write his jobs down and he follows a list greatly so that may be one to help so ur not nagging it's in his book . Take care xxx

Children
No Data