Police are dangerous for those on the autistic spectrum

Police do not understand autism and will readily interpret our unusual actions as criminal wherever possible, especially if they think they can make a financial benefit from doing so.

I am keen to try and help educate the police and legal system and look for opportunities

Birmingham tried to do something useful a few years ago but it never got progressed https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/557/adults_with_autism_and_the_criminal_justice_system_november_2012.pdf

Parents Reply Children
  • I never even mentioned suicide, but said my life was in danger as I had just had a serious cycle accident with mri changes on brain scan and unable to walk . The police got my medical records, found I was seeing a psychiatrist with suicidal ideation and said it was an implied suicide threat I was making. They got me to sign a statement about saying my life was in danger as I believed it was , but left out the bit about saying I had just had a cycle accident. They tricked me into a trap I believe, which was unjust and unfair. I am appealing but I have been nearly killed by the police actions. They like to win and couldn’t care for my life

thsnks for troubling to converse. Dare I ask if you are associated with the police? Looking at your profile I suspect not but very thorough with language details.

i really don’t understand why they charged and convicted me for this other than making it a lead in to a more serious imagined charge that I was found unanimously not guilty of and was about soje computer nerd trap that I was also caught in

• (...It is getting late... I have to try to sign off, now. I meant all of what I said, though.)

• suicidal

...I apologise very much, but this particular term DOES carry almost a separate law of its own. When speaking to police - or anyone - unless it is about someone else planning "suicide", then tactics change a lot. A great deal. All I can say is to communicate without mentioning "sucide", and a lot can be seen... then mention "suicide" and the tactics/attitudes do change completely!

I might have less to say here now, sorry, As far as I have found, to "everyone else" the term "suicide" has no other meaning apart from "killing", with no differentiation between one person, the Self, or others. I really apologise for having to say this, yet I meant what I said about understanding taking time.

There are others upon here who also know about, um, "suicide" better than I can write here. There are also some Threads about it. I am a wimp sometimes... can someone else support Me here eventually, pleeeease...?

• The concrete written law! I find it bizarre and unfair that the police can convict me for asking for help when suicidal by using the malicious communication label, as if I would really have any malicious intent towards anyone I askedel for help from ( after being advised to try and speak to them by my doctor and Samaritans). It seems bizarre to me and I don't understand why the jury said guilty, other than the prosecution had the top barrister if the year for England. Presumably he always like to win, but may cause my demise, unfairly I feel.. Is this what the police should be doing??

Malicious communication has to have malicious intent ie a wish to cause harm to someone else. They may be anxious to hear of severe distress, but is this what the malicious communication act is supposed to be used for?  Maybe the judge who convicted me could also be charged with malicious communication as well as the jury and the prosecution, police  - lots of them...…………..

• The police need educating about autism and to have great care with their use of the TASER and

"...and aggression" (Had trouble fully quoting without a <space> in there.)

...I have not read the link, but what is said here is true. The thing is... "The Police" are just like all other Mostly Allistic Organisations. Replace the word "Autistic" for "Black" (people of African descent/with very dark skin)... and the same thing applies... it is very bad, yes. (News stories sometimes mention a known Police associate, but they were arrested/tasered <> just upon sight?!)

What I mean to say is, Yes it is very bad, and very unfair... but most of all, this needs WORK and maybe Time... to change the ingrained attitudes. We are currently living the "change attitude" time, so, discrimination is in the majority. Be calm, be strong, keep at it... and find ways to stay calm in the face of adversity (Jerks)... and keep on being True to what You Know is Right.

...I meant what I said about mostly having trouble with "not exactly Police". A good way to start learning about Police is to learn the 'Concrete Written LAW': This changes often, but just know where One stands, and make an Intelligent Impression.

...NAS, Anything to say, here, Please?