PIP Tribunal

It's been a while since I posted here. Some may remember last January I had my FtF and it was terrible. The assessor came out with comments such as "this isn't a disability", she was hostile & made it clear I was wasting her time. I scored 0 for everything. Which in itself is a joke - even perfectly healthy people must be able to score something with those questions! The report was a copy/paste of repeated statements (I can program a computer, therefore I can cook a meal. I can program a computer, therefore I can get on a bus, etc)

Went through to tribunal. CAB were useless. They told me to go back when I got the court bundle - which I did. I was then told it was a waste of time until I had a court date, and go back then. When that came, I was told it had been left too late to help. So, ultimately, the entire process from assessment to tribunal has been done with no help.

Went to the tribunal yesterday - I have to say I was expecting another horrible experience. The judge, Dr & expert were all female and couldn't have been nicer. I still left thinking I might get a few points but nothing meaningful. They said they would mail the decision to me.

That arrived today. I got low rate living allowance & high rate mobility. All backdated to last September, and awarded until 2023.

So, to anyone worrying about appeal, my advice is to get help if you can, but even if you can't - don't worry.

I didn't fight the ESA ruling that was also this year - they awarded the support component even though the assessor said it should have been the higher rate. My work coach said I should appeal, but I was still reeling from the PIP assessment at the time and had no fight left so I accepted it. This ruling now gives me the confidence to fight that on the next assessment.

• Good luck.

I was in there an hour and three quarters, fortunately the nurse seemed understanding and gave my partner and I plenty of time to answer the questions.

The first time I went the nurse wouldn't let my partner speak and I knew when I left it was a waste of time, especially when coming to the end of the assessment, the nurse claimed I might get cured Thinking

• I’m in the process of applying for the second time, got f2f in two weeks time

• Great to hear, 

I had a similar nightmare at my first assessment a few years back, tried again earlier this year and the DWP sent a nurse who had some knowledge of autism, and I was awarded the standard rate daily living.

I asked for a mandatory consideration, as I had only been awarded it for 18 months, again didn't expect anything to change.

To my amazement the DWP extended it to 3 years AND awarded my std rate mobility.

I think they are losing alot of appeals to autistic people and hopefully learning from it.