Accommodations at university?

Anyone have any experience or knowledge about what universities can offer to somone who is struggling to be on campus and attend any group work sessions?  I know they'll probably ask the question about what the persont hemselves would find helpful.  However, i'm afraid the answer is likely to be, "Switching to doing the course online!"   I'm guessing this is likely to be a non starter.  :( 

Parents
  • They recommend to start application in February and to send all evidence as well everything for student finance in. I didn't realise t, but DSA is tied with student finance approval for eligibility. My daughter had all the medical and SEN evidence and the assessment and had to wait 3 months for DSA being approved due to her being late with SF. Last year uni told my daughter that application in September would provide DSA support in January.

• They recommend to start application in February and to send all evidence as well everything for student finance in. I didn't realise t, but DSA is tied with student finance approval for eligibility. My daughter had all the medical and SEN evidence and the assessment and had to wait 3 months for DSA being approved due to her being late with SF. Last year uni told my daughter that application in September would provide DSA support in January.

Children
  • Unfortunately he's delayed any DSA application because he doesn't see there being anything additional he would want (equipment, mentoring etc).  Perhaps he'll reconsider though.

We're also discovering that student finance is very much reduced for the final year, on the assumption that it won't have to cover the summer holidays.  Rent still has to be paid in advance though plus a whole year committed to, so there'll be an instant shortfall.  :(  

Hoping we'll muddle through somehow.