Hi ...help any advice re talking to neighbour

Hi

This is my first contribution to this forum.

I am finding it difficult to go out of the house because we have a rather nosey neighbour.

I am an over anxious,over sensitive panicky overthinker and avoid confrontation if at all possible.

My neighbour has some issues with us, one being my daughter (also on spectrum) and I don't talk to her. I told her her and I are on Austistic spectrum. ( We were advised to get diagnosis but I didn't want diagnosis) 

She said I didn't know meaning of the word and I needed to look in a dictionary. 

• This week I needed to go in car...I could see she was outside. She sat near where I had to reverse. I couldn't speak to her and had a meltdown and  ran to other neighbour. She has commented that I always cry.

I have told her I was scared to come in at the end of day after work  and she wasn't very supportive. If she is in front garden I have driven round until she goes.

I have said that it's best we don't talk as she only complains. She has said that we are rude and filthy.

I have spent last week's tidying and decorating so she can't complain.

Other people says she's a bully but I think my social communication and anxiety aren't  helping situation and I just keep bursting into tears.

She has said that she is keeping CCTV footage of us as evidence .

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Parents Reply
  • Still dont let that intimidate you. It may be why shes acting up. The neighbour I had issues with is to stay away. He has resorted to yelling to people I'm talking to from across the street. People are getting fed up and hes looking stupid as I just carry on with what I was doing and dont let it bother me.

Children