Hi ...help any advice re talking to neighbour

Hi

This is my first contribution to this forum.

I am finding it difficult to go out of the house because we have a rather nosey neighbour.

I am an over anxious,over sensitive panicky overthinker and avoid confrontation if at all possible.

My neighbour has some issues with us, one being my daughter (also on spectrum) and I don't talk to her. I told her her and I are on Austistic spectrum. ( We were advised to get diagnosis but I didn't want diagnosis) 

She said I didn't know meaning of the word and I needed to look in a dictionary. 

• This week I needed to go in car...I could see she was outside. She sat near where I had to reverse. I couldn't speak to her and had a meltdown and  ran to other neighbour. She has commented that I always cry.

I have told her I was scared to come in at the end of day after work  and she wasn't very supportive. If she is in front garden I have driven round until she goes.

I have said that it's best we don't talk as she only complains. She has said that we are rude and filthy.

I have spent last week's tidying and decorating so she can't complain.

Other people says she's a bully but I think my social communication and anxiety aren't  helping situation and I just keep bursting into tears.

She has said that she is keeping CCTV footage of us as evidence .

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Parents Reply Children