Shopping trip too much

I'm just overloaded right now. Our nearest pharmacy is in a supermarket that's just been done up. New layout, louder, brighter lights. I just went alone to get medicine for my son and bandages.

On looking for bandages accidentally walk into an old man. Apologised, I'm usually not too bad for bumping into people and special awareness usually just walk into objects but I was already overwhelmed.

I said oh I'm so sorry to this old guy and his response was to tell at me and call me names

I was in shock. A few minutes I decided to catch up with him and say it's not okay to tell at someone like that your language is disgusting and I had apologised yet your equally to blame. But he yelled more so I walked off and took a pic of him on my phone. I stupidly put a pic of the man on our local site and described that we both walked into each other and he had yelled abuse. (This sites usually full of youngsters doing x y and z and oh their so bad) but everyone thought an old man being aggressive was hilarious. I just dont understand the world I really dont. I'm in floods of tears writing this hate people

Parents
  • I understand your stress - but I also think you've grossly overstepped the mark by publicly shaming him just because of your state of mind.   You have no idea if the old man has MH or physical problems and you bumping into may have caused him some problems - and being rude is his venting.

I really think you should take the picture down.   You might end up causing extreme reactions from locals against this bloke from idiots being 'white knights' on your behalf.

• All I see in the world is people stepping on each other for their own satisfaction and I really struggle to understand why

• I totally agree with you - I am sickened by the general level of what in now 'normal' behaviour - but that same poor behaviour and lack of boundaries and common sense is the same mentality that causes vigilantes.

I go shopping either very early or very late to avoid crowds and other people in general.  

• I like that 'supertanker amongst the rowing boats'

Reply Children
No Data