Autism in the Military

People with Autism are not allowed in the British Military and it’s about time this rule was changed. If you agree please sign this petition. With enough signatures the government will have to discuss the matter in parliament.

www.change.org/.../uk-parliament-allow-people-with-autism-to-join-the-armed-forces

Parents
  • I have to wonder. Hypothetically. What if they formed entire military units composed of autistic people. They say autistic people comunicate far better with each other than with NTs. If comunication is the big issue I wonder how a whole unit of autistic people might actually function working together in a war zone.

• I've been in outreach enough as a kid to work out that people fundamentally aren't usually capable of being contrasting in any unpredictable way enough to warrant such a radical proposition. Outlets such as the paralympics makes sense as you can't compete with able bodied people being physically disabled yourself. If you're high functioning on the spectrum you're not really going to be any different at all in a remarkable fashion unless you're a tryhard. Due to my current circumstances I've got to use something like the armed forces as sort of an existential lifeline as a result of my perspective anyways . So I do take all of this personally.

• I've been in outreach enough as a kid to work out that people fundamentally aren't usually capable of being contrasting in any unpredictable way enough to warrant such a radical proposition.

I'm sorry but I can't follow this sentance at all.

If you're high functioning on the spectrum you're not really going to be any different at all in a remarkable fashion unless you're a tryhard.

I don't actually agree with that. High functioning autisits might have an edge in work that's very technical, that requires high focus for long periods or adsorbing lots of detailed information quickly. Jobs like engenering or inteligence. The planing side of logistics too maybe.

• Ok I think I get where you're coming from. How that would be implemented would be interesting to say the least. I don't think you could afford to be abundantly clear about the identities of such people being such and such. You'd probably have to get adjacent people in regards to sympathies to be involved. Make it a guideline for this idea to be some inside secret. Israel can afford to do whatever and be open about it because they don't fund themselves anyways. IDF soldiers have been known to wear nappies. Ok maybe that one isn't simply common knowledge but you'll have to take my word for that. The reason why that's been the case is the soldiers who need to wear them usually keep wetting themselves. For me personally I just want to get my foot in the door. I'm not really much different to other people aside from the lazy streak as a result of being independent and not being massively desperate to do anything immediately. If I had another assessment done I'd probably get assessed as being misdiagnosed. I just don't exhibit the handicaps of your stereotypical autistic person. Except for the OCD parts.

• Ok I think I get where you're coming from. How that would be implemented would be interesting to say the least. I don't think you could afford to be abundantly clear about the identities of such people being such and such. You'd probably have to get adjacent people in regards to sympathies to be involved. Make it a guideline for this idea to be some inside secret. Israel can afford to do whatever and be open about it because they don't fund themselves anyways. IDF soldiers have been known to wear nappies. Ok maybe that one isn't simply common knowledge but you'll have to take my word for that. The reason why that's been the case is the soldiers who need to wear them usually keep wetting themselves. For me personally I just want to get my foot in the door. I'm not really much different to other people aside from the lazy streak as a result of being independent and not being massively desperate to do anything immediately. If I had another assessment done I'd probably get assessed as being misdiagnosed. I just don't exhibit the handicaps of your stereotypical autistic person. Except for the OCD parts.

Children
No Data