Autism in the Military

People with Autism are not allowed in the British Military and it’s about time this rule was changed. If you agree please sign this petition. With enough signatures the government will have to discuss the matter in parliament.

www.change.org/.../uk-parliament-allow-people-with-autism-to-join-the-armed-forces

Parents
  • I have to wonder. Hypothetically. What if they formed entire military units composed of autistic people. They say autistic people comunicate far better with each other than with NTs. If comunication is the big issue I wonder how a whole unit of autistic people might actually function working together in a war zone.

• I have to wonder. Hypothetically. What if they formed entire military units composed of autistic people. They say autistic people comunicate far better with each other than with NTs. If comunication is the big issue I wonder how a whole unit of autistic people might actually function working together in a war zone.

Children
  • Peter, does not this forum reveal exactly how well us Autists work together?  

• and low and behold the israilies beat me to it. www.telegraph.co.uk/.../

• I've been in outreach enough as a kid to work out that people fundamentally aren't usually capable of being contrasting in any unpredictable way enough to warrant such a radical proposition. Outlets such as the paralympics makes sense as you can't compete with able bodied people being physically disabled yourself. If you're high functioning on the spectrum you're not really going to be any different at all in a remarkable fashion unless you're a tryhard. Due to my current circumstances I've got to use something like the armed forces as sort of an existential lifeline as a result of my perspective anyways . So I do take all of this personally.