No one will listen to me

What do you do when no one will recognise your point of view?

• That's an interesting one. I can get confused when people say "next Friday" to mean "this Friday". I have a lot of struggles like that.

• Well, yes, but wouldn't you find that exhausting? I personally have had too many years of trying to work out how to do conversation to come across as "normal" and it simply doesn't work for me. I'm much more relaxed when I'm just me however ineffective it is...

I don't know if this is true for others, but I think it's easy to get hurt in conversations anyway, because people overlook your views and cut you up, that kind of thing. It's hard going, especially in groups.

• I get the impression that it' more about style than substance.
    I don't know how to respond to this bit of the thread. Anyway, just to say that I agree. It is a generalisation, but I think some NT can be very hard to deal with because they play a lot of games and act in different ways to achieve things. I can feel as though they are cheating and not playing fair, I'd say... It's easy to see through these things, isn't it?!
  • Hi there

Does anyone else have trouble with this forum? When I clicked on the "more" button to try to read the whole message, it told me "thank you for your report"..???

Now I've no idea where the message I was trying to read has gone to...

Thanks

• Hi there,

I completely agree with you! Sometimes they don't see things but more often they won't see them! It can be very frustrating but I suppose they're just different from us...

• I learned to fake the social authority by studying the unwritten rules of the game - it's like playing chicken or brinkmanship - you just appear to be in charge and the ones with a weaker mind will automatically follow.

There's power games you can play by arriving at meetings early to get the better seats around a meeting room table.

One of the easy tricks is to always wear a shirt & tie and to make sure you keep your desk clear or clutter - so you asppear to be efficient and in control.  Works every time.

Yes, people really are that shallow.

There's a lot to be learned from watching The Dog Whisperer - people follow exactly the same pack behaviour but it's muddied by social BS.  Learn to claim the territory - without peeing in the corners.

• I hate it when NT’s just follow people’s ideas and opinions like sheep.

Yeah, I have observed this kind of behaviour too. And I hate it as well. And the people they follow don't necessary need to be correct in their ideas, but have high social authority. And when you have an opinion, Its start attacking you for not following....

• I don’t know whether I’d like to be a survival situation with an NT because  on one hand they never do anything for themselves which would be handy but then again they’d probably do nothing and cry because to live they’d have to kill a rabbit or something.

• I hate it when NT’s just follow people’s ideas and opinions like sheep.

One will agree with the other just so it makes them look correct or like your the weird one just because you have an opinion of your own.

It makes me so angry when a bunch of people just agree with each other even if neither one of them knows the answer to a question and I do. It basically is insulting my integrity and intelligence.

A question was what was the British 7th Armored Division called and I knew it was the dessert rats but they themselves didn’t know so instead of writing what I said just left it blank FFS. 

I honestly don’t get them most of the time.

• Agree! It's not just details that they are missing. NTs miss the big obvious stuff too!

• Exactly. I was researching this last night. It makes sense. It helps put my experiences in perspective.

• And they will happily follow a narcissist or psychopath if it saves them thinking for themselves.

• Ah the football team scenario 

Aka - lockstep. Walk in time with the leader

NTs are just puppets

• “The End Of The World Phobia” 

its hillarious 

• This situation happens a lot in the workplace, there's a good few times I could have said 'I told you so' but I'm bigger than that, well... sometimes!

For an NT to take on a new idea that's outside of their developed culture or set of beliefs they need a bunch of their peers to be on board with that idea too. A new idea suggested to one person could be dismissed, even with logic. But, If a bunch of them adopt that idea as their own , through a set of discussions involving others, it's more easily accepted. In my experience nothing is ever put in place instantly even if the benefits are also instant. The idea has to be slowly taken on, a process put in place to accommodate the new idea. Apparently NTs are the ones who can put themselves in other people's shoes and are adaptable to change! Go figure...

• I think it's because they're all hooked on being fed things like tv - told what to look at, told what to think - so they've lost the ability to see what's around them and be amazed at symmetry, coincident lines, colour spectrums, entropy and life in general. 

Even weather patterns are not just weather, they're told to be afraid of it, with weather warnings and global warming/cooling/climate change/whatever....

They can't just stand in the rain and feel pure liquid nature.

• “They don’t know they’ve been born” 

It is actually called - The Great Deceiver as mentioned in many of Robert Fripps works 

Indeed - it’s what Orwell was saying I’m 1984 

and today - James Bridle, The New Dark Age 

its rooted soooooooo deeply in our culture that westerners don’t even realise they’re the biggest worshippers of a GOD on the planet - Atheists = Christians both sides of the same coin. Deception 

• I'd agree with that.   Whenever I point out the beauty of the world or amazing patterns of nature or the details in the design of something, they just don't seem to get it.    They're walking around almost asleep.

• NTs can’t really see stuff either. They have a kind of blindness that disables there ability to actually see things in front of them. 

I am constantly pointing amazing things out like - the sky or a cloud. They don’t notice them, the Sky or the clouds. They think they do but they only see a memory of these things. A memory tied into a word. 

NTs don’t see vivid colour or fine details in things. They can’t see VERY small things or VERY large things like universal systems or insects under 1/4 mm long. 

They walk around in a kind of ‘future/past dream state’ installed into them by endless generations of NT fantasy