Anyone interested in tarot cards?

I think I upset the apple cart here, I like people here but I can tell I get on people's nerves. So best wishes to you all - and before I disappear and leave you all in peace! - I would like to ask if anyone wants a friend who's into tarot.

I've used tarot cards and runes for a few years and especially with the tarot cards am quite experienced. This interest is niche and it offends some people, some people think it's stupid, well I have no problem revealing it now as this will be the last thread I post in.

I know a lot of Autistic people/Aspies will see tarot as nonsense as we tend to have scientific minds but perhaps there may be one or two people here who are on my wavelength, and if you are and want to keep in touch, send a reply or a personal message, and I will send a personal message with my email address.

Peace >

• The Tóth Pack goes a long way to assigning astrological correlations to each card. There are definitely one or two others.....

• Any good there? I had a Hungarian friend a while ago, they were very friendly.

• Greetings. As lately (alas), I am just passing, and see this Thread again. I Myself am interested, quite a bit - not as a profession, though. But had this Thread not appeared I might have asked the following to anyone interested in "Tarot Cards"...

These things are supposedly representations of the Constellations. Yes, really. The Major Arcana are the Zodiacal Stars. But I was wondering if anyone else knew about this, and most of all had a list or knew of a list which correlates  ALL the Cards with ALL of the Constellations...?

• On another forum for Autistic people - WrongPlanet - the members are very hostile towards any mention of tarot cards. This, I suspect, is because most of them there are Americans and Americans are influenced by the bible bashing culture they have there.

Benebell Wen is the greatest authority on tarot I've found. She believes tarot can predict a most likely outcome but not precise, it's based on the energy inputted into the cards while the person shuffles and deals.

• I'm certainly interested.  The images appeal to me, moreover the idea of a journey or narrative, panning out in different ways according to what each individual sees, highlights and interprets in each card.  

I especially like Rachel Pollack's book, "Tarot Wisdom", although it's been a while since I read it.  I seem to remember the cards being described as "projection holders", which really captured my interest.  Not fortune telling, then, but a way of eliciting insights and understanding based on what the person brings to the reading.  

I'm not so sure about autistics not being so interested in this area.  In my family the sensitivity which seems to lie at the core of our autism occasionally strays into areas which many would consider to be paranormal.  In this regard I remember explaining one of my experiences to an NHS therapist who, rather than commenting on my sensitivity, its effects in my life or trying to normalise things for me, actually exclaimed, " Oh!  You're a sensitive!"

• So where do you live now? 

• Bereavement can have a way of changing that, wishing to consult a medium. I disliked many of the spiritualists I met because 'spirit' often seemed to revel in a lot of petty spitefulness. There have always been warnings about the old ouija boards for example - the other side seems to have plenty of its share of trolls. Nevertheless some writers have ended up forging highly creative relationships with their spirits - I have heard of one at least who channelled a literary writer, another wrote bestsellers on her Seth, though there is a little too much of Law of Attraction bilge to Seth IMO, you know, the idea that if you think nice thoughts you will get rich and nothing bad will ever happen to you and if it does you wanted it. 

I hope at some point soon to be able to invest a bit more in revising my Deck - not right now, though. Spring is usually a nightmare for full timetables.

My life had been rather chequered really. I should never remained in the UK after graduating, there was a major recession and I got caught up in it. I didn't know what I was up against as an undergraduate, not at school either really. Usual tales of woe that bring a lot of people here really. My exchange student in Italy was a bully who bitched about me constantly and told me she did not like English people because they were all cold and detached, just like Germans. Too much dangerous time for introspection about the nature of soul and persona and getting angst-ridden about it and meeting petty psychopaths who love getting into the head of anyone who seems vulnerable to it. Blah blah blah. 

• Can you think of a way I could make money from Tarot? It'd sure be nice to be able to afford a Chevy Camaro '90s convertible. :o)

• I've never done medium stuff either, I wouldn't know the first thing about that. It surprises me so many people want that.

The deck sounds nice.

I've thought about trying to rent an office somewhere and running a business doing readings but I'm not experienced enough. Too many health problems too, so hard to learn more, haven't got the spoons, maybe if I ever get better.

Sounds like you've had an unusual life, astrology too, and moving abroad. 

• I left the UK, which changed a lot of things. 

Sometimes it was easy to read for people, but it was not a reliable thing. There was the question of expectations. I could be 'psychic,' often getting insights about things completely out of the blue, but I was not a medium, talking to dead people, and at a lot of fairs, this is what many people were looking for. I did astrology readings too, but there are a lot of things about the mindset of most astrologers I did not like. 

My cards have been described as having an Art Nouveau look. A small run of the major cards were published in 2006 but since then I have made them available on Gamecrafter. There is a lot I would like to do to tidy them up, as I stated them in the late 80's!!!! - meaning they are totally hsnd-drawn and with no software to deal with the lettering and numbering. But it is very exacting work to edit them and I don't really have the time for it. I need to concentrate on other artworks. 

• Ah, you lost interest? That's excellent you designed a deck, what's it like?

• Tarot and I Ching used to be my special interests growing up.  There is a big misconception around these areas that they predict the future when really that's nonsense, instead they help you see a new perspective on a situation that you may not have explored.

• I used to do psychic fayres and worked with tarot. I even designed a pack. I don't do much of that nowadays though