Anyone interested in tarot cards?

I think I upset the apple cart here, I like people here but I can tell I get on people's nerves. So best wishes to you all - and before I disappear and leave you all in peace! - I would like to ask if anyone wants a friend who's into tarot.

I've used tarot cards and runes for a few years and especially with the tarot cards am quite experienced. This interest is niche and it offends some people, some people think it's stupid, well I have no problem revealing it now as this will be the last thread I post in.

I know a lot of Autistic people/Aspies will see tarot as nonsense as we tend to have scientific minds but perhaps there may be one or two people here who are on my wavelength, and if you are and want to keep in touch, send a reply or a personal message, and I will send a personal message with my email address.

Peace >

Parents
  • I'm certainly interested.  The images appeal to me, moreover the idea of a journey or narrative, panning out in different ways according to what each individual sees, highlights and interprets in each card.  

I especially like Rachel Pollack's book, "Tarot Wisdom", although it's been a while since I read it.  I seem to remember the cards being described as "projection holders", which really captured my interest.  Not fortune telling, then, but a way of eliciting insights and understanding based on what the person brings to the reading.  

I'm not so sure about autistics not being so interested in this area.  In my family the sensitivity which seems to lie at the core of our autism occasionally strays into areas which many would consider to be paranormal.  In this regard I remember explaining one of my experiences to an NHS therapist who, rather than commenting on my sensitivity, its effects in my life or trying to normalise things for me, actually exclaimed, " Oh!  You're a sensitive!"

• On another forum for Autistic people - WrongPlanet - the members are very hostile towards any mention of tarot cards. This, I suspect, is because most of them there are Americans and Americans are influenced by the bible bashing culture they have there.

Benebell Wen is the greatest authority on tarot I've found. She believes tarot can predict a most likely outcome but not precise, it's based on the energy inputted into the cards while the person shuffles and deals.

• On another forum for Autistic people - WrongPlanet - the members are very hostile towards any mention of tarot cards. This, I suspect, is because most of them there are Americans and Americans are influenced by the bible bashing culture they have there.

Benebell Wen is the greatest authority on tarot I've found. She believes tarot can predict a most likely outcome but not precise, it's based on the energy inputted into the cards while the person shuffles and deals.

Children