Anger issues with autism

Hello everybody 

I have autism and I get angry a lot does anyone else experience getting angry a lot for no good reason. 

Feed back would be good 

Thanks 

• I remember building a pre-amp for my guitar when I was a teenager. It worked, but suffered from a scratchy background noise that I couldn't eliminate. I checked for dry joints, cleaned the PCB, everything I could think of. One day, I took the circuit board outside and flattened it with a lump hammer. It didn't bother me with the noise after that.

Seriously though, I can relate to getting stressed with things that *should* work but *don't*. So when you're booting up the PC and typing into one window and another pops over the top because it thinks it's more important than what you're doing. Look you damned PC, *you* work for *me*, not vice versa! Likewise when swipe access at work beeps to say OK but then the door doesn't open.

As well as ASD telling me that people should be logical and courteous, my dad taught me that everyone else is an idiot (anyone who couldn't strip and rebuild a Land Rover gearbox was a waste of oxygen in his opinion). No wonder I've exhausted myself by using my intellect to exhibit empathy and tolerance :-).

• i think people just like putting apostrophes in regardless of whether they are needed or not, the slaughtering of the english language and the correct use of grammar and punctuation gets ever worse

• Me, too.

There are two houses near where I live, both of which have the same signs outside... and these are professionally-made signs.  I really need to find out the company that makes them:

SMILE YOUR ON CAMERA

I don't know what an on camera is, let alone how to smile it!

This block of flats is near to me, too.  Expensive mistake, that one...

Who is Park Mew?  And what belongs to his apartment?

• and another of my pet hates is incorrect usage of to, too and two, your, you're and there, their and they're

• yeah definitely why go to all that and then abbreviate on word though my friend does it the whole way through almost child like for example "dats so gud u weely r gud at it" im almost tempted to block her i have tried telling her but she just laughs

• Same here.  'U' and 'ur' are the ones that get me - especially if the person has gone to the trouble of writing out much longer words in full.  Like 'I suppose it depends on how completely ur prepared to commit to it.'  ARGH!

• I suffer from a lot of internal anger. It is easily triggered when people around me do chaotic things that affect me negatively. Their actions and mistakes rob me of my time to rectify the completely avoidable errors that cost me time, stress, money and precious energy. This was particularly prevalent in the work environment.

I have measured that NTs blunder around in a chaotic way and they stumble from disaster to disaster, so I have to allow them enough slack to be themselves - but at enormous cost to myself. (I'm the 'different' one and the only one to be affected by their normal lives).

Unfortunately, when I become stressed and angry I lose the ability to communicate coherently so I withdraw into myself a little further to avoid the explosion and confrontation which will make me look bad and enable them to even say their mess-ups are all my fault.

When I can't cope any more I meltdown. There's no point telling anyone because I can't express myself properly so I just have to swallow it.

These meltdowns are completely internal - I just become very quiet and withdraw but the downside is I become ill. The anger has to go somewhere so I can literally feel my body breaking and bleeding internally.

Part of me wonders if I should have been put in some kind of home and just left alone to do my own thing.

• I think that's exactly it. 

I remember in my last job a colleague asking me one night if I wouldn't mind dropping her home as it was raining.  She lived less than a mile away, but in another part of the town, which meant driving through denser traffic.  I didn't want her to get wet, so I reluctantly agreed.  I think she was alarmed, though, at how uptight I started getting once we hit the traffic.  I ended up having to go home a different way, which made me about 20 minutes late.  That really threw me out for the evening... and I ended up going to bed later and not sleeping.

• i hate text abbreviations like cul8r does my head in a friend keeps texting dat instead of that arrrggghhhh

• I used to have it a lot, especially when I was being bullied at work and had a couple of months of with depression before finally quitting the role, but I'm a lot calmer these days, especially with my medication - are you on any?

• Hahaha I’m like that! Lol! I can even get angry at automated text messages! Lol! I can laugh about it now I though and I’m able to mitigate the anger. 

• I used to and I can still have an initial tendency to react to some situations with anger. But I have found ways to look into it, when I do experience it, and from that, I have been able to eliminate the experience of it. So now, if I experience anger, I am alerted to it immediately, as it is rare now, so it stands out. And I can eliminate it immediately with the techniques that I’ve built up. 

• Could it be to do with flexibilty/rigidity of thought and how your expectations and reality of the event differ?

• im exactly the same tom

• i actually feel like its done it on purpose like a glass has a mind of its own stupid but well ya know

• I knocked a glass of wine over the other week.  Wasn't much left in it, but it went over a side table and necessitated a clean up that didn't take long... but I was almost screaming with rage.  No damage done at all - except to my blood pressure.

• Hi there,

You say for no good reason... but if you sit down and think about it, it could well be something quite small that's triggering you each time.  I get unconscionable degrees of anger through the simplest of things.  Often if it's about being clumsy or foolish. It especially happens if I do something that, whilst small, can delay my rhythm in some way.  If I'm at the bottom of the stairs hoovering and I pull the cleaner a bit too hard so that the plug comes out at the top of the stairs and I have to go up and plug it in again... that'll get me shouting with rage.  Or dropping a buttered knife on the floor.  Nothing very much, but is sends my anger right up the scale.  Running into a traffic jam that'll delay me even by as little as a couple of minutes - and even though it won't make me late, anyway.  Getting lost when driving is the worst.  That can really bring out the rage.

They seem like minor inconveniences a lot of the time.  But to me, they're a very big deal.

• hi and yeah i get angry all the time especially at inanimate objects.. literally 20mins ago i got a glass of juice carried it living room set it down on side table flopped on settee then knocked juice on floor.... result opened door and threw glass outside to smash reason god knows