Work problems

Hi I'm New here, I'm having problems at work with describing how aspergers affects me. My employer wont take my diagnosis as fact, they have a copy of the diagnosis letter but won't accept the description I give of how my symptoms affect me, they want proof from my gp, but I know my Gp knows nothing of AS and I am in danger of losing my job which I have been doing for 5 years! Im getting so close to giving up. Any advice?

Parents
  • Hi again, Thanks for all your replies and support its nice to know there is support here at such an awful time. I've had a really busy day, contacted ACAS who advised me to contact the Equality and advisory support service, I found them really helpful, they have a template to write to my employer and request reasonable adjustments. I can't say who my employer is but lets just say its a large organisation so they do have capacity to do more for me, I've been advised to raise a grievance and give them 14 days to reply, I am a member of a union so I will send the letter to them first to be proof read. I am going to write a list of ways AS affects me and ask my gp to write a letter as this is what has been requested. I will contact Access to work tomorrow and take it from there. Thanks again all

• Hi again, Thanks for all your replies and support its nice to know there is support here at such an awful time. I've had a really busy day, contacted ACAS who advised me to contact the Equality and advisory support service, I found them really helpful, they have a template to write to my employer and request reasonable adjustments. I can't say who my employer is but lets just say its a large organisation so they do have capacity to do more for me, I've been advised to raise a grievance and give them 14 days to reply, I am a member of a union so I will send the letter to them first to be proof read. I am going to write a list of ways AS affects me and ask my gp to write a letter as this is what has been requested. I will contact Access to work tomorrow and take it from there. Thanks again all

Children
  • Since I disclosed my condition at work, I have received help, they have made my job easier, the only problem now is that I’m getting snide comments from co workers, attitudes towards me have really changed, is this a form of bullying?