I went to the cinema today!

I went to the cinema today - haven't been for absolutely ages, partly though lethargy, but also a significant part was due to worry about how loud/bright/noisy/shiny/peoply it would be.

A good friend asked me to go with her/hubby/their son - I took 2 hours to reply to the text, as you do when your initial thought when anyone asks you to do anything is to scream "no" and curl up in a ball. But I didn't talk myself out of it.

And I'm glad I went, coz it was okay. She's one of the few people who know about my AS, so wasn't surprised when I said "I'll need to wear my earplugs, and I need to sit on the end of the row". It was quite loud, but the earplugs reduced it to an okay level for a couple of hours; it was quite bright, but I shut my eyes in the bright shiny flashy bits, and it wasn't too peoply. 

So I'm glad I did it!

Parents
  • That is really good! End of row is always preferable for me too. Haven't used ear plugs at the cinema but may try this. Which film did you see? There are some good ones on release at the moment. 

• Mary Poppins Returns. Wouldn't necessarily have been my first choice,  but the boy loved it and I actually enjoyed it as well !

• That's what I went to see on New Year's Eve... enjoyed it almost as much as the original Mary Poppins and the optimism it inspired was a great way to end / start the year.

I would like to see The Favourite, and Stan and Olly too. Saw trailers and they look promising. I worked in a cinema in all of my university vacations in the early 1980s and really loved it! 

• That's what I went to see on New Year's Eve... enjoyed it almost as much as the original Mary Poppins and the optimism it inspired was a great way to end / start the year.

I would like to see The Favourite, and Stan and Olly too. Saw trailers and they look promising. I worked in a cinema in all of my university vacations in the early 1980s and really loved it! 

Children