Tolerance to Pain

I have been diagnosed as autistic/Aspergers

I don't seem to feel pain the same as most people. I am a beekeeper and regularly get stung and although I does hurt it doesn't seem to bother me. I once got stung over 100 times at once. I also cycle competitively and have suffered various injuries whilst racing including broken ribs where I have carried on regardless

When I was a kid I was always falling into stinging nettles or getting scratched on barbed wire

I also like extreme tasting foods - espresso coffee, vindaloo curry, extra hot chilli sauce, grapefruit juice etc

I thought that autistic people had sensory issues and are extra sensitive to pain which is the opposite to me

Are these autistic traits? when I had my diagnosis my assessor didn't think so but I'm not so sure

Parents

• I also cycle competitively and have suffered various injuries whilst racing including broken ribs where I have carried on regardless

I did BMX first, Skate Boarding and then Down-Hill Mountain-biking, but hated being sponsored as a skateboarder so did not bother as a mountain biker. I am so not competitive and being sponsored made it a job that took the fun out of it. But I have slammed so hard on so many occasions only to find out later I had broken stuff and whatnot ~ so I totally know what you mean.

When I worked at a Restaurant I used to like snacking on chillies, and the head chef for a laugh got a special order in for the hottest chillies known, and they expected me to go down a burning death ~ but they really were the best and most refreshing I had ever had. Because I was the only one who could eat them I got the whole lot! Bonus! :-) 

I have completely forgotten the name of the curry now but it was not made in this country as it was too hot for the western body supposedly, and if you ask for it and they will make it ~ I have had it free on numerous occasions because they did not believe I could eat it and if so it would be on the house. Bonus again! :-)

Hard knocks school of Aspergenics pros and cons :-)

• have completely forgotten the name of the curry now but it was not made in this country as it was too hot for the western body supposedly, and if you ask for it and they will make it ~ I have had it free on numerous occasions because they did not believe I could eat it and if so it would be on the house. Bonus again! :-)

Was it a Phal (pronounced pal) ? 

A Phal is not a traditional Indian dish but is a made up one to satisfy us Western loonys

• have completely forgotten the name of the curry now but it was not made in this country as it was too hot for the western body supposedly, and if you ask for it and they will make it ~ I have had it free on numerous occasions because they did not believe I could eat it and if so it would be on the house. Bonus again! :-)

Was it a Phal (pronounced pal) ? 

A Phal is not a traditional Indian dish but is a made up one to satisfy us Western loonys

Children

• Was it a Phal (pronounced pal) ? 

No not Phal ~ it is a spiritual initiatic dish to get the adherent / disciple to a transcendental state, and to purge the mind-body relationship of any last urges to be elsewhere and get any last toxins out of the body.

Not only is it beautifully hot but the down and up flow of the heat is accompanied by the rich tapestry of the unifying flavours that accentuates the heat and the heat the flavours. It sets ablaze the cerebral, cardial and intestinal brains and renders the body warmly relaxed and the mind coolly alert ~ proving that is the adherent or disciple does not pass out, freak out, or worse. :-/

I found Phals though to be all party with the burn but slightly lacking attendance with the flavour unity, not unlike the difference between digital and analogue music with digital sounding flat and analogue sounding spatial or full and all that.

This is not to put Phals down as a dish though, because they have their own character and they were very well worth appreciating at least for the 'blast' ~ excuse the pun. ;-)

I had though to stop eating super hot curries as I had to give up doing stimulants back in two-thousand and one, as I suffer from having seizures ~ and stimulants just made them worse. I started with dropping caffeine, then, eventually, long slog, sob, grumble, long slog, grumble and sob ~ super hot chillies and super hot curries. :-(

As far as curries go I can only eat mild ones now, as anything hotter caused problems. Fortunately though I always liked Kormas in the sense of being akin to having sweet puddings, so it was not a total loss with the curries ~ as they trigger sentimental memorials of previous curries and related events. :-)

With the hypo-sensitivity to pain thing, it because our physiology is in a consistent state of freeze, flight or fight in terms of the survival reflex, meaning that we only feel pain as secondary requirement after the fact if it has not subsided. So with a new pain it has to get in line to be registered, once the objective is achieved ~ be it the finish line or once we are not so busy and so on so forth.