Have you got a favourite mug?

Have you got a favourite mug? This is one of mine.

• Bought for my mathematician daughter but kept for myself (bit selfish!)
  • I love numbers but get maths anxiety (so full of contradictions!) 
  • My ginger 'fresh' tea is 2 years out of date (frugal streak!) 

Do share your favourite mug - photo or description - I find mugs fascinating 

Parents
  • I hated tea for the whole of my childhood. When I refused it my grandmother kept putting more and more sugar in it. I am shuddering remembering the taste now. I only managed to start drinking tea in my mid 20s when I realised I was expected to do this when visiting clients at work. Even now if someone accidentally put sugar in my tea I couldn't drink it. Do you ever try tea to see if your tastes have changed? 

• I only started liking tea when milk was put in it.

In my early childhood my mother made tea, either black, or with lemon juice or with various red and darker juices.  Never with milk!!!  And my teeth were really stained!!!!

Then at a summer camp when I was eight.  They served tea with milk.  And I fell in love.  It was lovely.   From then on I always drank tea with milk.  But my mother never tried tea with milk to her dying day.

• Someone once made me camp coffee with evaporated milk - that tasted very strange indeed. But not nearly as strange as the time a barmaid put peppermint cordial in a half of lager instead of lime! 

Reply Children
No Data