Finding it hard at work

Hi I’ve got aspergers, I’m finding my job very difficult at the moment. I don’t enjoys the job itself, I struggle being around my colleagues especially my team leader. I’m stressed everyday in work and then I take that stress home!

i can’t go on the sick cos I can’t afford to, I can’t claim benefits and I feel trapped in an environment that’s making me unwell. 

I really don’t know what to do. 

Parents
  • This has killed more jobs for me in the last five years than most other things I've done.  My solution was to only take short term contracts and move jobs a lot.  If all you crave is a permanent job, then that advice isn't going to help you that much.  in my case i grow bored of jobs very quickly, mostly within 4 months I leave and grab something new.  occasionally I can last up to a year, but their is always some fallout when i do that, or i start setting myself crazy challenges at work.  At the last place i redid an area of a warehouse and optimised it massively based on products that were frequently picked, then got a disciplinary for it, and subsequently told the line manager were to stick his job.  Then had a new job by 9am the next morning in a different warehouse.  This is the cycle i worked for five years.

Practial advice.  Any chance your doctor would let you have some valium?  My advice, dont use it a lot if you can get it.  No more than a tablet a week.  I break mine into quarters and only use a quarter at a time.  Since it has a long half life in the body it does the trick for acute stress and anxiety.  i wouldnt recommend taking it a lot as it is addictive long term if you use it too much and the withdrawal is said to be worse than coming off heroin.

I think propranolol is a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut type solution.  But if it works for you, try it.  Just be wary around machinery, as it can make you dizzy and in bad cases pass out.

• Maybe I won’t be using propranolol a lot then as I drive, don’t think that would be a gd idea

Reply Children
No Data