In-Ear Headphones for Noise Cancelling

Like many of you, I find restaurants etc very noisy and sometimes unbearable.

Can anyone recommend in-ear earbuds for noise cancelling? I don't want them to listen to music just block out the sound. I already have some Bose overhead ones. 

Parents
  • I can vouch for "Bose QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise CancellingTm headphones". Note that they make two different versions - one for Apple, the other for Android/Samsung (they use different control signals to start or stop music or answer a phone call). The QC20's are just loose, rather than being attached to an over-the-head thing that the QC-30's have.

However, you can use them just with the plug loose in your pocket, so it looks like you're listening to music, but actually are just cancelling background noise.

At work I use a Plantronics NC wireless headset plugged into the office phone, which also works well.  For my office phone at home I did try a Sennheiser DW Pro 2 & DW30, which was so comfortable and better at noise cancelling- but I just couldn't get it to work with the Samsung SMT-i6021 handset.  I still have it sitting behind me in a box, and will probably Ebay it at some point..

• I can vouch for "Bose QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise CancellingTm headphones". Note that they make two different versions - one for Apple, the other for Android/Samsung (they use different control signals to start or stop music or answer a phone call). The QC20's are just loose, rather than being attached to an over-the-head thing that the QC-30's have.

However, you can use them just with the plug loose in your pocket, so it looks like you're listening to music, but actually are just cancelling background noise.

At work I use a Plantronics NC wireless headset plugged into the office phone, which also works well.  For my office phone at home I did try a Sennheiser DW Pro 2 & DW30, which was so comfortable and better at noise cancelling- but I just couldn't get it to work with the Samsung SMT-i6021 handset.  I still have it sitting behind me in a box, and will probably Ebay it at some point..

Children
No Data