Considered a 'Unique' Case of Autism - And organisational problems

So, after being pressured by family for a painful amount of time, I'm posting on here.

Firstly, I've been told by many I have some rather unique symptoms of Aspergers'. For example, I don't struggle with social interaction beyond mild social anxiety. After being friends with more than one autistic person, I've begun to notice more and more that I don't suffer from symptoms like other people. In fact, it's at the point where I've had to spend a long time with the university I go to in two weeks and explain everything in fine detail, and every time they made an assumption it was wrong.

And I don't doubt i have aspergers. I am oversensitive to smell and sound (though almost never overwhelmed), my head tends to do its own things and stick me in its obsessive loop and I struggle to 'put away' thoughts. I hope there's someone on this forum who's had a similar experience.

Secondly, I find it impossible to organise. Beyond impossible. I'm getting a dyspraxia assessment soon but to put it simply, sometimes I just don't remember. The spark isn't even there. When I have the moment of thinking on what I need to do, important things just don't come to mind. I can be telling myself every day for a week and remembering to do something and then I'll forget. And every method I've tried to keep organised has turned out bad. The last eight reminders on my phone went wrong in a variety of different and remarkably stupid ways. I forget to take planners around, lose them, never check them, or write in the wrong parts of them again and again until I can't find where I'm meant to be.

Has anyone got any good solutions/band aids to this?

Parents
  •  I can relate to your situation a lot I myself. I was recently refused a diagnosis of as due to the fact I have a good few friends and can normally get along well with most people although I'm no good at initiating a conversation with a stranger I also have no organizational skills whatsoever (was told autistic people are very organized) I was diagnosed as dyslexic as a child and can be very clumsy physically I write all letters from the bottom of the page, roll cigarettes backwards, tie laces like no one else so possible dyspraxia.

I suffer anxiety constantly due to overthinking and over analysing everything, I have obsessive interests, I have sensory issues with noise and bright lights and the main reason I sought diagnosis i have both explosive and implosive meltdowns.

I have no need for routine and to be honest get bored of routine easy.

I really don't know how to improve organizational skills I'm at the stage in life now where i should be moving out of the family home but my life would be a mess if I had to organize a house and all involved alone.     

•  I can relate to your situation a lot I myself. I was recently refused a diagnosis of as due to the fact I have a good few friends and can normally get along well with most people although I'm no good at initiating a conversation with a stranger I also have no organizational skills whatsoever (was told autistic people are very organized) I was diagnosed as dyslexic as a child and can be very clumsy physically I write all letters from the bottom of the page, roll cigarettes backwards, tie laces like no one else so possible dyspraxia.

I suffer anxiety constantly due to overthinking and over analysing everything, I have obsessive interests, I have sensory issues with noise and bright lights and the main reason I sought diagnosis i have both explosive and implosive meltdowns.

I have no need for routine and to be honest get bored of routine easy.

I really don't know how to improve organizational skills I'm at the stage in life now where i should be moving out of the family home but my life would be a mess if I had to organize a house and all involved alone.     

Children
No Data