Undescended testes.....

Deeply upset. Son 7 s/b surgeon testes undescended. Increased cancer risk won’t produce sperm and harder to feel any lumps develop. Surgeon says leave it he’s autistic don’t bother. Not happy he is a right funny little boy I want him treated any views.

• I didn't even know that was a thing until you mentioned it. I see that they go inside, so they're not obvious.

Having one testicle would be just as bad as having none. All the Hitler jokes...

• Hi I’m new on here I’ve never posted before but I have also got a son who is nearly 14 and he also had an undesended testicle he had an operation when he was 5 to try and put it where it should be unfortunately his teste was damaged and therefore it’s never grown he had an ultrasound scan when he was 13 and this confirmed that it was damaged and it would never grow we were told that it would haveto be removed as it was a cancer risk and he could have a prosthetic one if he wanted one this surgery would not have to be done until he was between the ages of 16-18 I would get a second opinion for your little boy as the surgeon he saw obviously isn’t a very good one good luck !!

• Even without considering any social type issue related to them not being where they should be there is a huge increase in the cancer risk. Also there is in sure a specific cancer that you are more likely to get also as stated by the OP detection of an abnormal growth is easier in a testis that is where it belongs than in one that's hiding.

• Got it. Surely this kid is going to want his testicles 'dropped' then. When he's older, he doesn't want any future partner mocking him for the lack of them.

• Usually before birth but up to about 12 weeks after birth is not considered abnormal.

• When should testes descend anyway?

• Hi NAS37391,

I'm sorry to hear about your and your son's experience.  If you still feel dissatisfied after speaking to the surgeon again you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice . You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

Best wishes,

Heather - Mod

• It’s okay - I guessed that was what you meant. You can correct your original post though by clicking ‘More’ then ‘Edit’. Slight smile

• Oops should say bright funny boy

• Surgeon says leave it he’s autistic don’t bother.

That’s blatant discrimination. I would point this out to the surgeon and if their ignorance remains then I would make a formal complaint about the matter. I can understand why you want your son treated and him being autistic shouldn’t affect this.