This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there anyone that can help me?

This post has been removed as it contravenes our community rules.

Ayshe Mod

• Thread is being locked due to reposted content and the OP will be placed into moderation so their posts must be reviewed by moderators before appearing on the forum. Thanks Cassandro for flagging this up again.

• No e-mail notification for this reply! I am not receiving e-mail notifications anymore!

• This is a Copybot invasion. An avalanche.

• NAS38026 is a Copybot, not a real person. The top posting is part of a question that was asked two months ago:
    http://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/12182/pip-advice-i-have-no-one-to-help-me

If you want to see fuller details from the real person, or respond, I would suggest looking at the above link.

What is Copybot? See http://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/12621/copybot-and-forum-security

Moderators: could this thread please be locked, or the reply moved to the original and this post deleted? And could appropriate action be taken against any spam or further posts from NAS38026?

• If I were you, I would contact your local Citizen's Advice, NAS branch or other advocacy organisation to look into having the decision reconsidered or appealing it.  In the first instance, you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration, whereby you can challenge any of the points made in the original decision. This rarely makes any difference, but this step must be taken before you can ask for an appeal through the tribunal courts.

The appeal process is not at all pleasant, and can take a considerable length of time, but the tribunal courts will give you a fairer hearing than the ATOS medical assessments, which even the High Court has determined are not fit for purpose. In my case, I was actually awarded zero points at the initial assessment stage, so no PIP at all. The appeal process took me over 18 months, but at the end of it, the tribunal awarded me enhanced rate daily living and standard rate mobility - I went from zero points to over 20!  The same happened to a friend of mine - he was on over 20 points on the old DLA system, got zero for his initial PIP assessment, and after tribunal now has over 20 again. Note that although both of us also struggle with depression and anxiety, neither of us have difficulties from other co-morbid conditions, such as your fibromyalgia, and we are both classes as either "level 1" autism or Asperger's Syndrome.

So, it is definitely worth fighting if you feel that you can stand the strain of that.  Of course, you still have to live on your reduced income in the mean-time, which may not be easy; but should you win your case, the award will be back-dated to the start of your claim.  Do, however, try to get some support with the process.  Having an advocate with good knowledge of the process and benefit rules made a huge difference to me, not just in a practical sense, but also having some support helped me to deal with my anxiety about the whole process.