A complaint free world

Has anybody taken the complaint free challenge? 

The challenge is, to get to 30 day’s straight of not complaining. You have a wrist band and start with it on one wrist and every time you catch yourself complaining, you switch the band to the opposite wrist until you have had it on the same wrist for 30 days. 

It can be fun to do it with other people but the thing about that is, if you notice the other person complaining, and they don’t notice, if you tell them, you have to switch your band as well! Lol! I’ve been in that dilemma a few times lol! 

Like the Four Agreements though, if you implement the suggestions in the book, it’s a game changer and can lead you to eternal happiness with some fun along the way. 

For those who don’t already know, what do you think the average length of time is for people to make it to 30 days straight? 

Parents
  • I complain when necessary, it is good for the soul.

When I was young I was timid, afraid to stand up for myself, afraid of hurting other people's feelings.

The result is loss of self esteem, depression and mental illness.

Now I complain!

In shops when I'm short changed I complain straight away and get the money I deserve.

When there are price reductions or special 2 for 1 offers that don't come up at the till, I complain and get the queue to wait while they check offer on the shop floor.

Last week I complained in the fish & chip shop. The two assistants were so busy chatting and gossiping that she forgot to include the fish!!!!!!!  I was charged for the full fish&chips!!!! I complained and unwrapped the 'fish& chips' in front of them to show...   Where is the  fish?????

• Hi Robert, in terms of the book, they make a distinction between complaining and demanding quality of service etc. Which is what caused the confusion on this thread.

The book actively encourages speaking up when something is below standard etc or if we weren’t given what we paid for etc. That’s a very positive thing.

What it means by complaining would be if you accepted that they didn’t give you the fish and then you went and complained about it, to a friend or somebody who is not in a position to give you the fish.

The book says that kind of complaining (to the friend) is not good for you but letting the assistant know you haven’t got the fish is positive action, and is very good for you. 

So yes, definitely taking action by letting the assistant know you hadn’t received the fish is very good as she can then rectify it. 

• in terms of the book, they make a distinction between complaining and demanding quality of service etc. Which is what caused the confusion on this thread.

This is Good, and was partly what I was going to write in my first Reply here, yet then what I said happened (Posting incompletely), and I had to finish by asking for only one thing, and so Thank You for that Link, Madame. I saw many including this one, which was why I asked for an old-fashioned "ISBN"...!

For this Thread... well, the "dislikes" are still there, I cannot do much more about it, Sorry. No-one who is a Regular User deserves that much, I say. Disagreeing with a Post should be stated precisely or just left alone...

...Which is back to what I quoted, there. The Main Topic. The using of a "Complaints" procedure in order to "Request" instead...? Not stated at first, yet stated very much now... Yet it required all of what is upon this Thread and your own persistence in order to clarify that... Which is why I offer support at you... and also admit that I would not myself have done this in this way...

...Yet my own way is for another direction altogether little to do with this Thread & Forum.    Keep on being You, Miss BlueyRay, and Good Fortune to you from myself, again. 

• Thanks DC, always appreciated.

I’ve learned a lot from the recent confusions. I spent a few days doing some inner work (Byron Katie’s ‘the work’ and ‘radical forgiveness’ work sheets as well as some other stuff) and I take full responsibility for the recent confusions and can now see the root cause to them all. And there is never an excuse for the horrible things that I wrote, that is always unacceptable. 

I will attempt to be clearer in the future. I guess I just expected (assumed - number 3!) people who have read the book would comment on this thread and for those who haven’t, I thought they will either not be interested (and therefore not comment) or they will be curious and ask questions.

It didn’t occur to me that somebody would comment on the book without having read it! Lol! I was totally taken aback and confused by the comments and it took me a little while to work out what was going on. I don’t process things so quickly although I can still be quick to respond ~ lesson learned there ~ hopefully! 

So yeah, I was just totally taken aback. I thought it was a really positive thread. I thought people will be interested or they won’t, either way is good, so the  comments totally took me by surprise. It was as if I had been hit by a bus or something or I had had the rug pulled from under me ~ I’m not very good at using these quote type things but I think they express how suprised I was.

However, I am the cause of everything that comes into my life so I really do take 100% responsibility and I do genuinely thank all who participated in the discussion (even though it turned out to be more like a rugby scrum). I feel genuine gratitude for all who took part and I intend to be clearer in future from the off as I think we’ve had enough rugby scrums. 

• Thanks DC, always appreciated.

I’ve learned a lot from the recent confusions. I spent a few days doing some inner work (Byron Katie’s ‘the work’ and ‘radical forgiveness’ work sheets as well as some other stuff) and I take full responsibility for the recent confusions and can now see the root cause to them all. And there is never an excuse for the horrible things that I wrote, that is always unacceptable. 

I will attempt to be clearer in the future. I guess I just expected (assumed - number 3!) people who have read the book would comment on this thread and for those who haven’t, I thought they will either not be interested (and therefore not comment) or they will be curious and ask questions.

It didn’t occur to me that somebody would comment on the book without having read it! Lol! I was totally taken aback and confused by the comments and it took me a little while to work out what was going on. I don’t process things so quickly although I can still be quick to respond ~ lesson learned there ~ hopefully! 

So yeah, I was just totally taken aback. I thought it was a really positive thread. I thought people will be interested or they won’t, either way is good, so the  comments totally took me by surprise. It was as if I had been hit by a bus or something or I had had the rug pulled from under me ~ I’m not very good at using these quote type things but I think they express how suprised I was.

However, I am the cause of everything that comes into my life so I really do take 100% responsibility and I do genuinely thank all who participated in the discussion (even though it turned out to be more like a rugby scrum). I feel genuine gratitude for all who took part and I intend to be clearer in future from the off as I think we’ve had enough rugby scrums. 

Children
No Data