Asperges and Dating

What are your experiences with dating and do you find it difficult to maintain a relationship? I find communication hard sometimes and can come across cold.

Parents
  • Off the back of this I was thinking did anyone have any interesting Valentine's?

I sent one but not in a romantic sense, one was a big bunch of flowers to my brother-in-laws sister who split up with her now ex at new year and the last few times I've seen her she was really down so it was to cheer her up. I sent them anonomously and it had the desired effect, she was so happy, posted in on Facebook saying how lucky she was, my brother-in-law was talking about it with my sister and he said it's pretty much the first time she's smiled since she was dumped. No one connected will ever know I sent them to her which makes me even happier, I don't like being the centre of attention.

I received two cards and I have no idea who either of them was from. One came in the normal post and the other was in the internal mail at the location where my work is, which is a secure site but has around 1,200 people on site daily and can peak at over 6,000 so that doesn't really narrow it down that much.

So in the end none of that gets me any further along in finding Miss Right, back to Tinder in a few weeks to see if I can get some successful dates!

Hopefully one of more of you had some success?

• That was a very thoughtful thing to do. And you got two cards too! Any clues at all so you can do some detective work? Are they handwritten? Good luck anyway.

• Nope no idea, yes they are handwritten, but there's regularly over a thousand people on site where my office is and I've interacted with around 300 of them and maybe 50 of them in any one week. The writing was fairly obviously feminine (which is good as I'm straight) but didn't give any clues away in what was written. I've asked the two people who worked in the post room but they didn't recognise the writing on the one that was sent internally (it wasn't one of them as I know what their writing looks like and they are both married). 

I'd never try to figure it out any more, it's not worth the effort as I'll never make any headway and if they didn't want to be anonymous they would have put some clue or just signed it with their name.

• Nope no idea, yes they are handwritten, but there's regularly over a thousand people on site where my office is and I've interacted with around 300 of them and maybe 50 of them in any one week. The writing was fairly obviously feminine (which is good as I'm straight) but didn't give any clues away in what was written. I've asked the two people who worked in the post room but they didn't recognise the writing on the one that was sent internally (it wasn't one of them as I know what their writing looks like and they are both married). 

I'd never try to figure it out any more, it's not worth the effort as I'll never make any headway and if they didn't want to be anonymous they would have put some clue or just signed it with their name.

Children