What happened?

This website was down for over a day.

I began to get withdrawal symptoms and registered with another autism chat forum/site.  I think it is an American oneGrinning

• Greetings again... and... apologies again! The "Spam" is gone, finally, and so I Log In... but I was reading, and then switched off, like some others, and now, at past One AM, I am here again...

...but past One in the Morning is too late for me, right now, and so after this, I must sign off again! I Post to THANK YOU to the "Moderators" who solved the SPAM. This is my preferred Thread for such matters just now. I may write more upon the 'morrow, yet it is late for me, just now. And in closing, I know not much else to say just now, apart from the fact that it has been... interesting (!)...

...I had to leave because upon a Touchscreen, it is hard to AVOID such an 'onslaught' in order to 'scroll down'. And, yes, I was also "scared", yet for myself, that links to the feelings of irritation + anger + "...typical, really..."...

Sorry, this is quite long. But, as I say, I must sign off now, due to the time. Thanks again to the "Moderators". (But Posts are STILL disappearing at random). おやすみなさいな.

• What is the name of the company?

I cannot get the name of the company from them.

and:

Sales outsourcing is a way for companies to attract increased, high volumes of sales for their products or services by using a third party. The company typically uses outsourcing companies to improve sales volumes without links to the sales teams that carry out those campaigns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_outsourcing

• I, actually, like this platform.

I like that I can subscribe to all the forums I want and receive an e-mail for every post and the post in included in the e-mail. I can quickly read it.

• Do not worry.

I have not clicked on any of the links.

• hi California please do not click on any of it, it may be ok but honestly not worth the risk, take care,

• I would be happy to be a moderator here. I love computers and everything related to them.

• Thank you Deepthought looks like it will be a busy night here.

how annoying to have gate crashers  in such a friendly place, I think the team who run this need to sit back and decide how valuable this is and wether it is worth spending a bit more money on it, or can professional IT help be found to sort out the poor software package. 

I am stressed out by it, I think many more are also fed up with a second rate low cost web platform. Cheap but not cheerful.

Thank you again.

• What is the name of the company?

I cannot get the name of the company from them.

• They all appear to be coming from the “Introduce yourself section. Nineteen, random timings, just automatically generated spam, 

possible to tempt people into it, possibly not good, not worth finding out. They may just keep appearing all the time until someone from the mod team gets a warning, I have reported two as offensive, because sometimes an individual is given responsibility to monitor things here, as in WebPM . They should receive an email alert,they are not expected to sit all through the night looking at this forum, but take action when emailed.....eventually.

keep posting as it st least pushes the current new ones down. X

• I am trying to understand what the point of doing this is and how their business works.

What is their business model?

The model is advertising, i.e. to make people aware of products or services, and the 'spammer' gets credits or payments in so doing and or people taking up the service or buying the product. If it is 'spam-bot' it will be designed to achieve the aforementioned, as well as increasing search engine rankings (making the company look all big and popular and their products the 'hot' topic of so many mentions).

• I also like this forum. The website has helped to me a lot to understand myself. Before I discovered autism and this website I could not understand what was wrong with me.

Here I discovered that I share a lot things with other autistic people.

Now everything makes sense to me, I do not fight myself anymore, try to be a ''normal'' person. I am what I am and I am much happier.

• They are relentless now, I was considering starting many new threads to push them down the most recent threads list, I don’t think it would work now?

What with the recent shut down I am increasingly concerned that this valuable forum is at risk.

() x()x()x()

• Just tried to reply and it froze, 

• I am trying to understand what the point of doing this is and how their business works.

What is their business model?

What is point of doing this?

• I second that argh! ()()()

• There are now currently nineteen threads all of a similar nature, sport related and links to watch,

I see WebPM is showing as online? Light is green,

maybe just fell asleep or left the light in. If they continue it will become almost impossible to follow any posts without being blinded by the titles.

argh. 

• It doesn’t seem to contain any personal words, meaning it isn’t just somebody promoting it.

It isn’t a nice feeling having something like this covering the whole place, it shouts in its style, loud,

So Saturday is do whatever night,?

hopefully they will descend to the second page, but there are quite a few now, not replying is a good thing, and please don’t click on any links unless you seriously want to try the sites out, could take you anywhere, potentially somewhere not nice.

Very scared to be invaded. X()

• The adverts do not make much sense to me?

How does the service work?

Is that for free?

• I know you've gone, but I agree, it's scaring me. x

• Greetings... it seems, of late, that "Saturday Night is SPAM Night". 

Apologies, but I have to sign off after this... until NAS clears it up. Again.