What does your avatar mean?

Mine is Beaker from the Muppets. I can identify with Beaker, a somewhat gullible test subject and long suffering assistant of Dr Bunsen Honeydew. Somebody that things always happen to, often out of his control.

Beaker is my spirit animal.

• masks are two things .. a protective  layer and also a means of stifling the true self that lies within. Keep being you x 

• Methinks you need a cleaner x or do those sentimentary layers afford protection and a safe mask x

• Brains from Thunderbirds sums me up - I may not be quite as clever and am certainly not under the wing of one of the wealthiest people on Earth - but I share a lot of characteristics with him.  I may have lost my stammer over the years.  A tour of the Thunderbirds studio where they were making some 'new' episodes of the classic puppet show meant I could at last meet him.  And he had not changed a bit in the last fifty years!

• Your Icon is a Starmie Pokemon!! YAY!!

• Mine is a starmie pokemon, because I like water-type pokemon the most, and the starmie seems to me particularly jewel-like and beautiful I love the simplicity of its shape. My online name derives from the song "Orinoco flow" by Enya.

• Grahem357 wrote:

'What does your avatar mean?'

Since my childhood it has been a running joke in terms of my speaking that the accumulative dust of the ages tends to settle around me in increasing sedimentary layers: as leaves me stuck up to my neck in accumulative problems ~ such as amongst other stuff trying to work out who the dusty web-covered skeletons used to belong to! ;-)

• They look beautiful. I've spent some of my happiest, most peaceful times gardening. At the moment there isn't much colour in the garden, but the greenhouse is full of geraniums still in bloom, lovely.

• Mine's my cat, Daisy, with a rainbow make-over!  I think of myself as a cat in a world of dogs.  And she most certainly is one!

• Its the paint job on Eddie Van Halen's home built 'Frankenstrat' guitar. Ed's been a hero to me since first hearing him aged 14. Interestingly many believe including myself that he is on the spectrum although he's not been diagnosed or ever talked about it. 

• what are you feeding them on.  They look beautiful....are they as strong and as straight as you?

• they are either very big sunflowers...or you are very small! Slight smile

• Beaker is my spirit animal.

Love it!

Mine is a photo of a comedian, but is also a women maybe falling down a hole, maybe drowning, maybe trying to make you smile....maybe all of the above!  

I wanted to make people aware from my avatar that I was a female contributor as when I joined this crazy community it was in the first instance to understand how HFA presented itself in women and to try to understand myself a little more.

My name..."Elephant in the Room" - is a statement about autism itself in an NT world and also highlights my own sense of isolation and loneliness.  I am here!!!!! please at least acknowledge me!!!

• I used to spend a lot of time gardening.  One of my favorites past times was growing different types of sunflowers trying to get them as tall as possible.

• (You are perhaps a MIND READER!!!)

I myself was.lo-o-o-ng thinking of starting a Thread about this myself... yet dared not since my devices are old and they may cut out at anytime...!

Yet, to reply, as "Disallowed Cynosure". My own "Icon" is a copy-and-pasted LINUX Icon: Disability, with the Cross atop it....

I entitle it: "GIVE RIGHTS, NOT PITY."

I use it, because I am disabled much of the time, both Physically *and* Mentally... yet no-one cares (unless I wave an official certification at them)...

For a first answer, I am usually hesitant... yet I apologise. Yet for here, I do the same and am cheered slightly (because I would have done the same!)... and do still apologise much, if this is a "first response" which is not understood...? Very Glad Tidings to yourself and all who may read in any case.