Three disorders

Now i know for sure i have autism because i got an official diagnosis and still have all the signs but i have been doing some research and i also show the signs of bipolar disorder and a borderline personality disorder so i was thinking...can it be possible that i have all three of these disorders?

Parents
  • I can't match that. As you know I am autistic and bipolar but I do not have bpd as far as I am aware. My friend however is waiting to be assessed for bpd.

As to whether you can have all three disorders why not? Autistic people normally have lots of co-disorders or co-morbidities as I think I have seen them described.

Even if nobody else has ever had all three there normally has to be a first for everything so why can't it be you?

Being serious though for a moment diagnoses can have disadvantages as well as advantages so you need to think carefully before proceeding although if you already have one diagnosis / label there may be a limit to the disadvantages of further labels.

• I can't match that. As you know I am autistic and bipolar but I do not have bpd as far as I am aware. My friend however is waiting to be assessed for bpd.

As to whether you can have all three disorders why not? Autistic people normally have lots of co-disorders or co-morbidities as I think I have seen them described.

Even if nobody else has ever had all three there normally has to be a first for everything so why can't it be you?

Being serious though for a moment diagnoses can have disadvantages as well as advantages so you need to think carefully before proceeding although if you already have one diagnosis / label there may be a limit to the disadvantages of further labels.

Children
No Data