Autism and ADHD

Hi everyone

I’ve been off my meds for nearly a month now, for the first time since I had my autism diagnosis, and am in the process of getting to know myself again.

Part of that has been to revisit the possibility that I have ADHD, or more specifically ADD, as well. There are many symptoms common to both ADHD and autism though so it’s difficult to tease them apart.

I know there are quite a few AuDHD people on this forum though. So can any of you describe the difference in experience, symptoms and behaviours between “vanilla” autism and AuDHD?

Parents
  • I've just stolen this from another thread to post, as it looks helpful (thanks )

• I also found this which raises a whole other issue: there’s so much material out there about the presentation of autism in women being different, but (despite being a man) almost every description of autism in women describes me and my experience.

• I also found this which raises a whole other issue: there’s so much material out there about the presentation of autism in women being different, but (despite being a man) almost every description of autism in women describes me and my experience.

This chart is about AuDHD though isn't it, rather than just autism?

I'm not that knowledgeable about AuDHD but in any one person it must differ due to personality type as well as sex.

The sex side of it just shows a tendency really, doesn't it?

What I mean is our personalities/characters must have a big influence on how our autism or AuDHD manifests?

Doh.

That just made my headache worse.

• his contribution was not as noticeable as that rarer, helpful one from yourself. 

Gee, thanks ...

Reply Children
No Data