Best friend ditched me earlier.

He moved abroad to be with his partner. They're getting married in June and my wife and I were going to fly out there for the event. 

I'm very fragile right now and my wife has a lot on at work, so we withdrew our RSVP and offered to reimburse him if he ended up out of pocket. 

It'd be full of people I don't know in a strange country and alcohol would be around (I'm also a recovering alcoholic and am tee total). It just wasn't a good idea. 

He got nasty. Blocked me on Facebook and WhatsApp and said he was done with me. Accused me of lying. 

I got him on email where he told me I act like the world owes me one and I bring everybody around me down. 

I feel pretty low. 

Parents
  • I understand why you're feeling low. It's hurtful when someone you care about reacts so negatively, especially when you're already feeling fragile. It's important to remember that you did the right thing for yourself and your wife. You put your own well-being first, and that's something to be proud of. His reaction says more about him than it does about you. He's clearly not in a good place right now, and it's not your fault. It might be helpful to give him some space and see if he comes around eventually. In the meantime, focus on taking care of yourself and your wife. Surround yourself with people who support you and make you feel good. I hope things get better soon!

• I understand why you're feeling low. It's hurtful when someone you care about reacts so negatively, especially when you're already feeling fragile. It's important to remember that you did the right thing for yourself and your wife. You put your own well-being first, and that's something to be proud of. His reaction says more about him than it does about you. He's clearly not in a good place right now, and it's not your fault. It might be helpful to give him some space and see if he comes around eventually. In the meantime, focus on taking care of yourself and your wife. Surround yourself with people who support you and make you feel good. I hope things get better soon!

Children
No Data