Dumped for being autistic?

I was in a long term relationship and I made it clear from the start that I was seeking an autism diagnosis, and my partner was totally chill with that. But as soon as I was diagnosed he treated me differently. I tired to talk to him about how I face work place discrimination due to my disability, and that autistic people were less likely to be employed etc., but he wouldn't listen o me and didn't care. He even said "why would people hire autistic people if they won't even be good at their job?", which was really hurtful. I think the worst thing for him was just me being anxious whilst in public. I was really struggling because I was newly diagnosed and we were in a really busy part of London, and so I did start crying from stress. I think he just felt embarrassed by me. 

A couple days later he broke up with me, citing that I am too emotional, needy, and dependent on him. When I asked him if it was specifically the autism, he didn't answer me, so I can assume that's a yes. It has been 2 months since then and I'm still devastated as to why he treated me like this. I am not sure how to move forward in my life or have a relationship again knowing that my partner could end up heavily disliking me because I'm autistic. It hurts to know that who I am is so terrible that my ex just felt out of love with me. Pls advise me. :)

Parents
  • You'll never know why your ex behaved the way he did, accepting that and giving up on the "what if" scenarios will help.

Relationships face tests and sometimes they fail those tests but to assume that it's all about you or your condiion is a mistake.

Gong foeward focus on being yourself snd being happy

• You'll never know why your ex behaved the way he did, accepting that and giving up on the "what if" scenarios will help.

Relationships face tests and sometimes they fail those tests but to assume that it's all about you or your condiion is a mistake.

Gong foeward focus on being yourself snd being happy

Children
No Data