Imagination and obsession with people

I’m Female, 35. For as long as I’ve remembered I’ve had an obsession for certain people, usually older women (or girls when I was a child). In a completely non sexual way. When I was younger I would just stare at people which at the time I didn’t notice what I was doing, I remember once another child saying “have I got a telly on my head” and my friend had to explain it was because I was staring at them. Then in high school I’d be so focused on watching how groups of girls interact with each other. I’d get to know people so well by watching both in person and on social media, that I felt I knew them very well.

Some of these people I’d make up imaginary situations in my head, such as that they are my family members and look after me. Which is another thing I’ve always felt I needed to be looked after but unsure why. It all sounds very odd and I still do this now but I’m unsure why. I don’t know whether these are autistic traits or whether I am just strange. 

Parents
  • hi! What you described resonates with me a lot! I filled an aspie quiz some time ago and there was a question, if you imagine friendships/relationships with people. Here is my result. 

i guess this might be typical for atypical people. Not for everyone as we are all different. I’ve got a result 100% chance of being aspie/atypical. I also scored 43 points in AQ from the site embrace autism. 

• Mine looks similar. I wish I could share a screen shot but I have yet to master the uploading of images. If you have any tips?....

• I’m not sure, if I understood properly that you couldn’t upload pictures on this site, I hope these screenshots help. I’m sorry if I misunderstood. 

• Ah! it may bew my browser. as my options don't look like yours!

I use firefox on private windows. And encryption from end to end. I see the trouble now!

thanks so much.

Reply Children
No Data