10 Year Old Daughter Stimming

My daughter has hummed since she was 18 months old now 10 years old. She hums at school, watching tv particularly when she’s doing something she enjoys or when concentrating. We have always thought she would grow out of it, but since her teacher questioned autism a lot of her other behaviours which we put down to ‘just been her’ are looking like she does have autism. And has learnt to mask all these years. We are currently on a waiting list. Just wondering if any other mums had any advice especially to do with the humming? 

Parents
  • Could be worse than humming.

For a few months when I was about 10, I did a high pitched squeak. I've since had sniffing, snorting, tapping, drumming, fidgeting and pulling out my eyelashes.

Course this was the 90's when Autism effectively didn't exist. So my diagnosis was, I was a complete and utter lunatic.

• Could be worse than humming.

For a few months when I was about 10, I did a high pitched squeak. I've since had sniffing, snorting, tapping, drumming, fidgeting and pulling out my eyelashes.

Course this was the 90's when Autism effectively didn't exist. So my diagnosis was, I was a complete and utter lunatic.

Children