Books books books

Hey there 

I just finished a audiobook called Unmasking Autism by Devon Price. I really enjoyed it and this was my first experience of an audible. I struggle to read books as I find I read and then track back and read again, I struggle to concentrate and take it all in basically.

Is there a must read book that anyone can recommend for self discovering as a newly recognised autistic? 

Parents
  • That's a good book. I own it as a physical book, though I'm tempted to try audiobooks as I don't remember what I've read. Autism and ADHD make it harder to retain what I read. Not a great trait lol.

A book I can recommend is Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism by Barry M. Prizant. It's an excellent read and was eye opening for me in many ways. I got it after being diagnosed last year and enjoyed reading it.

Here's a link about it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Uniquely-Human-Different-Seeing-Autism/dp/1788164024

It has a full 5 stars rating on Amazon. Slight smile

• I seem to have to listen to audiobooks twice for it to go in. I’m just reading untypical by Pete Wharmby which is quite easy to understand and a good read.

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a book for a 13yr old to read to understand a little more about autism?? His younger brother is autistic but we haven’t yet had the talk with him… just wanted to be armed and ready with something he can read to back it up really.

he’s a keen reader so I’m sure he will get it.

• I seem to have to listen to audiobooks twice for it to go in. I’m just reading untypical by Pete Wharmby which is quite easy to understand and a good read.

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a book for a 13yr old to read to understand a little more about autism?? His younger brother is autistic but we haven’t yet had the talk with him… just wanted to be armed and ready with something he can read to back it up really.

he’s a keen reader so I’m sure he will get it.

Children