Books books books

Hey there 

I just finished a audiobook called Unmasking Autism by Devon Price. I really enjoyed it and this was my first experience of an audible. I struggle to read books as I find I read and then track back and read again, I struggle to concentrate and take it all in basically.

Is there a must read book that anyone can recommend for self discovering as a newly recognised autistic? 

Parents
  • You have the same problem as I do. I read with my ears and not my eyes, as I frequently "jump the tracks" as I like to call it. It ruins both the flow and enjoyment, so I would rather listen to a book being read to me.

Which is funny because I'm currently writing a book myself. I can write well enough, but reading is like trying to shove a fruit pastel into a rather small keyhole! 

• You have the same problem as I do. I read with my ears and not my eyes, as I frequently "jump the tracks" as I like to call it. It ruins both the flow and enjoyment, so I would rather listen to a book being read to me.

Which is funny because I'm currently writing a book myself. I can write well enough, but reading is like trying to shove a fruit pastel into a rather small keyhole! 

Children