In a relationship (is a quite personal)

Hey I’m 22 (F) 23 in 2 months, in a relationship with a 35 (m) 

He’s got 2 kids 11(m) and 9(m) that stay with us 1 day a week not a lot I know. But I feel like a parent all the time if I’m not helping look after the boys I’m basically taking care of my partner. I cook I clean I do the washing I support him financially.

Im seeing a youth worker at the moment and she thinks I’ll be better off away from him as our relationship isn’t the best. I’m really struggling but at the same time I don’t want to leave him. I do love him and he says he loves me. But there are issues. He seems to think that a relationship is 75% bedroom visits (if you know what I mean) whereas I’m not interested in that what’s so ever and I don’t feel the same way.  These aren’t our only issues but it’s the one that crops up the most often. Am I wrong? is there something wrong with me? Has anyone else felt this way? Am I harming him more by being this way? Thanks 

Parents
  • You should definitely feel like equals in a relationship. You should connect and enjoy your time with each other, sex is just the added bonus on top! 

Just think about it this way… if you took the sex out of the equation, do you think you’d still be together?

• We haven’t in a while and we still are but he says he feels like our relationship is more like room mates and that hurts my feelings a little bit 

• Yeah that sounds like he’s trying to guilt you :/ I feel like you deserve a lot better. 

• I know it sounds like I’m putting obstacles in the way all the time but this is all stuff I have tried 

I think I've said enough. You know my thoughts and you have echoed all but the decision that is necessary to free you of the situation you are in.

While it is noble to be there for him you know he is not reciprocating on any front of consequence.

I hope there is a change of situation and you find things get better - my thoughts and best wishes for your happiness are with you,

• I know it sounds like I’m putting obstacles in the way all the time but this is all stuff I have tried 

I think I've said enough. You know my thoughts and you have echoed all but the decision that is necessary to free you of the situation you are in.

While it is noble to be there for him you know he is not reciprocating on any front of consequence.

I hope there is a change of situation and you find things get better - my thoughts and best wishes for your happiness are with you,

Children
No Data