In a relationship (is a quite personal)

Hey I’m 22 (F) 23 in 2 months, in a relationship with a 35 (m) 

He’s got 2 kids 11(m) and 9(m) that stay with us 1 day a week not a lot I know. But I feel like a parent all the time if I’m not helping look after the boys I’m basically taking care of my partner. I cook I clean I do the washing I support him financially.

Im seeing a youth worker at the moment and she thinks I’ll be better off away from him as our relationship isn’t the best. I’m really struggling but at the same time I don’t want to leave him. I do love him and he says he loves me. But there are issues. He seems to think that a relationship is 75% bedroom visits (if you know what I mean) whereas I’m not interested in that what’s so ever and I don’t feel the same way.  These aren’t our only issues but it’s the one that crops up the most often. Am I wrong? is there something wrong with me? Has anyone else felt this way? Am I harming him more by being this way? Thanks 

Parents
  • The picture painted by your words form o pretty bleak landscape. Going of your words you say you love him. You have invested your time and energy into this man and his baggage. He clearly does not see what a wonderful person you are. Have you told him to back of the bedroom and spend that time chatting? Have you told him about the physical pain caused by him in these acts? If he loves you he will be fair to you. When you go to the shop would you pay full price for a half eaten loaf of bread or 25% of a chocolate bar? Honestly the bedroom stuff seems like a red flag. I am very close to your partner's age and I think he should know better. We're all different at the end of the day. Hope you get things sorted out. Good luck

• I didn’t want to go into to too much detail no one would read it haha. Yeah I’ve talked to him about it but it seems to be in 1 ear and out the other. 

Reply Children
No Data